From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATEK driver

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to connect LabVIEW with the PLC FATEK FBS 60MCT.

Where can I find the OPC server of FATEK and connect it with LabVIEW?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,167 Views)

Is possible to connect LabVIEW with the PLC FATEK FBS 60MCT.

Not necessary OPC server of FATEK to connect it with LabVIEW

Use VISA !

iliescu_mircea@hotmail.com

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(7,150 Views)

My PLC FATEK 60MCT has only an ethernet port to communicate with the computer. Another serial port is used for the monitor.

I opened VISA Interactive Control and it cannot find the PLC via the ethernet port.

I also used VISA Driver Wizard, but it expects a USB,Firewire or PCI/PXI bus.

Is it possible to use VISA to communicate with the PLC via an ethernet port, or I have to buy a USB module for the PLC?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(7,140 Views)

nikosfs wrote:

Hello,

I would like to ask if it is possible to connect LabVIEW with the PLC FATEK FBS 60MCT.

Where can I find the OPC server of FATEK and connect it with LabVIEW?

Thank you in advance.

If Fatek provides an OPC server, LabVIEW can connect to it through either datasockets or LabVIEW DSC's OPC IO Server. We sell an OPC server, however Fatek is not on the Supported Device & Driver Plug-in List for NI-OPC Server

Rob K
Measurements Mechanical Engineer (C-Series, USB X-Series)
National Instruments
CompactRIO Developers Guide
CompactRIO Out of the Box Video
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,129 Views)

You don't tell until now what you have an Ethernet port for communication between PC and process.

VISA don't work directlly with Ethernet port.

You can buy from Fatek an extension or a module with RS232 and/or RS485 ports

(depent on the distance between PC and process)

If you use RS232 port you can communicate with labVIEW using VISA.

If you use RS485 port you must intercalate RS232-485 converters, but you can also communicate with LabVIEW using VISA.

Message 5 of 7
(7,117 Views)

For Ethernet port you can tray to use TCP/IP or UDP instruments from LabVIEW panel.

But is a "long" process and you must to "digg"

The easy solution is with Es 232 or 485.

Message 6 of 7
(7,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author nikosfs

Here are some opc servers for it.

http://www.opcti.com/Fatek-Ethernet-Server.aspx

http://www.opctechs.com/edoc/OPC_Gateway.pdf

You may also be able to configure the port in modbus mode. Then you can use the NI modbus library.

Communication function (up to 5 ports including RS232,
RS485, USB & Ethernet)

Via the fi ve high-speed communication ports included in the SoC, the FBs-PLC’s communication capability is outstanding with all fi ve ports operating at a maximum speed of 921.6Kbps. Communications can be achieved using ASCII code or the double-speed binary code. Along with FATEK’s standard protocol, Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP or user-defi nable protocol are also available. The FBs-PLC also provides the option of six different communication boards and eight different communication modules for various types of communication applications. With their high speed and functionality the FBs PLC has the greatest number of communication ports than any other PLC in its class. Each communication port comes standard with LED indicators for transmission (TX) and reception (Rx) to enable the user to monitor the operation.                       

FATEK Communication protocol is here.

http://www.esea.cz/support/fatek/FBs_Manual/Manual_2/Appendix2.pdf

Message 7 of 7
(7,105 Views)