From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External clock to drive a while loop

Hi,

I need to execute a while loop at the falling edge of an external clock. Clock frequency may vary from 6Hz to 133Hz (user can change this at run-time).

Please see attached VI. It generates a pulse train at Counter 0. That output drives Counter 1 to generate another pulse train. I need counter 1 pulse train output to trigger the while loop. hence, I use counter 3 sample clock source to be counter 1 output and use wait for next sample clock.vi to iterate accordingly.

Soon as I hit run, this works well for about 1 minute. Then throws this error. -200714 : SignalGeneration v1.0.vi<append>
<B>Task Name: </B>_unnamedTask<BC>

Although error message description is useless, I think this should be due to some sort of a buffer over flow. Anyone got a better idea to do this operation or fix this issue? 

Really appreciate if anyone can help.

N.B. this runs on PXIe-6358 installed in PXIe-1082 chassis 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,163 Views)

?

Use a timed loop configured to be clocked by the appropriate counter?

?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,127 Views)