From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting graph to MS Excel

Hi everybody,

Can anybody tell me how to export graphs to MS Excel table?

I have Labview 8.5 I found few example at the internet but with earlier version.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(4,039 Views)

Post the example here so that somebody will convert it for you.

[Edit: Or just give the link here instead of attaching the file so as to reduce the attachment size thereby saving the forum space.]

Message Edited by mathan on 03-04-2009 06:11 AM
Message 2 of 18
(4,034 Views)
Here is the file attached
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(4,031 Views)

Hai,

It was saved in 8.5 only. I have no problem in opening it with 8.6. So am sure it will also open in 8.5

Message 4 of 18
(4,025 Views)

http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=377586&query.id=123310#M377586

here our sir dennis posted some nice info. go through it.

Thanks,

Mathan

Message 5 of 18
(4,022 Views)

Hi,

I do not know how to export the graph into MS Excel ?

This is my issue files I found in the internet to export to MS Excel are Labview 5

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(4,018 Views)

Hi,

I saw the link and I tried to put Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File.

It gave me error< I do not know why ?

Please check attachment

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(4,000 Views)
What error? Aside from the fact that you left the filepath unwired, which causes the Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File to ask you for a file name each time the loop iterates, the VI saves the data to file. Are you expecting to get an Excel workbook? Well, you won't. That VI (and the Write to Spreadsheet File) do not create Excel workbooks. They create text files. If you want to save the data to an Excel workbook then you need to use ActiveX (or ADO). There are examples that ship with LabVIEW on how to use ActiveX to control Excel. In fact, there's a shipping example called "Write Table to XL". You can find other examples in the Excel thread.
Message 8 of 18
(3,990 Views)

Well, I tried to do but unfortunatly, I can not and I did not fully understant what you said Smiley Sad

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,968 Views)

Hi sky1981,

do you need a "real" Excel file with different workbooks? If yes, then you have to use ActiveX or ADO as mentioned by smercurio_fc. If you need a spreadsheet file which can be opened by Excel, then you can use the function in your example.

Hope it helps.

Mike

Message 10 of 18
(3,956 Views)