LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting graph to MS Excel

Hi MikeS81,

Yes, I need a spredsheet file which can be opened by Excel.

On my example when I run it it give me error, I do not know why Smiley Surprised

Thanks.

sky1981

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,114 Views)

Hi sky1981,

where do you get the error? How many  values do you want to write into your file? Remember Excel can show only a limited number of rows. You should connect a path to the export function.

Mike

Message 12 of 18
(1,103 Views)
You keep telling us you get an error, but you're not telling us what that error is, which makes it very difficult to help you. If possible, get a screenshot of the error and post it. Please do not post bitmaps. Save the file as a PNG or JPEG.
Message 13 of 18
(1,098 Views)

When I run the file

The first window was displayed

then when I press OK it keep displaying and it can not let me choose any file even excel files

when I press cancel the second window was displayed

If I press continue is display the choose file window

when I press stop the 3rd window was displayed highlighting the export waveforms to spread sheet

This is what is happening with me Robot Sad

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(1,083 Views)

I asked you not to post bitmaps, and what do you do? You post a bitmap by "cleverly" changing the extension. Doing so does not change the file format.

We have already explained what your problem is: You do not have a path wired to the the Export Waveforms to Spreadsheet File VI. With no path wired (or an empty path), the VI will ask you where to save the file. Since you have it in a loop it will do so every time the loop runs. Read the Help on that function. It tells you this:

file path is the path name of the file. If file path is empty (default) or is <Not A Path>, the VI displays a dialog box from which you can select a file. Error 43 occurs if you cancel the dialog box.

Message 15 of 18
(1,077 Views)

Well, where to connect it to ? :mansurprised:

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(1,060 Views)

Turn on context help with Ctrl-H.

Hover your mouse over the Write Waveform File function.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(1,044 Views)

Hello, I realize that this thread is a number of years old, so I'm hoping I will be able to get some help. I am taking both current and voltage readings from a power supply and the readings are being plotted on the graph. I want to export this data to some kind of file so I can analyze the whole cycle. I have attached a copy of the VI, any help would be really appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(607 Views)