From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export waveform to spreadsheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hai... I was tryin to write a waveform to spreadsheet obtained from an accelerometer through DAQ usin labview.... Since i'm using a loop it keeps on askin the file name... Is there any way to save it in a single file or give the file names previously.... could someone please help...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,132 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author preethip

Hi,

There are many alternatives to do this. You may use a "Path Constant" if you know the file location or get the path from reference. It will be easy to explain if  you could post your code so that i can specifically tell you , what is required in your code..

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Accept as a solution if it is the One;)) 

Message 2 of 10
(3,127 Views)

Hi,

May be you can refer the example attached.

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome, Accept as a solution if it is the One:smileywink:

Message 3 of 10
(3,122 Views)

Hey that worked... But its asking whether the file should be replaced... i want to save data for some time ... so is it possible that i can save it in multiple files or append all data to the same file....

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,120 Views)

Hi,

In the file I sent you, I had made it for appending data.. Wire a true constant to the "Append to file?" terminal of write to spreadsheet function. It will append the data every time..

Regards,

Nitzz

(Kudos are always Welcome;)) 

Message 5 of 10
(3,117 Views)

Thanks a lot.... Writin to a spreadsheet is working but i need to write a waveform to  the spreadsheet... Its asking continuously if i should replace the file when i use it.... could u please help...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,115 Views)

Hi,

Kindly post your vi if you dont mind..

Regards,

Nitzz

Message 7 of 10
(3,113 Views)

Hey thanks a lot :).... It worked...:)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,110 Views)

Hi,

Oh , thats good.. I am glad.. by the way, thanks for so many kudos:)

Regards,

Nitzz

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,100 Views)

I really appretiated the solution. I am just begining to use LV and I want to store information that i collect (mostly Voltage and Current Readings) to a spread sheet for each trial I run. I want to add a time stamp to each and possibly a header. How would I format the spread sheet to include information other than that data?

-Tom

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,081 Views)