LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export high resolution intensity Graph

Hi,

I want to export the intensity graph to a high resolution image. Now i've got an image with a resolution of 72 dpi.

Is it possible to set the export resolution?

Regards, 

Bjorn

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,850 Views)

You can increase the size of the 3D graph in pixels temporarily for getting the image, e.g. as follows:

(btw, your sequence structure serves no purpose, delete it! Execution order is fully determined by dataflow. :))

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-06-2009 04:21 AM
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,840 Views)

Seems the image indicator/clipboard method from the previous post has some limitations for larger sizes. 😞

In this case, it works fine if you save to a file, e.g. as follows. (see attached 8x image). (No image container needed).

Message Edited by altenbach on 07-06-2009 04:54 AM
Download All
Message 3 of 9
(6,831 Views)
Could not find cont:bounds property in LabVIEW 2012 SP1. Please help on how to use this or from where to invoke this one.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,365 Views)
Got it.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,359 Views)

Sir,

I could export image of an xy graph. However the quality of the image was very ordinary. I tried the method given in earlier posts in this thread to export an XY graph. But it gave some error. It seems that Contbounds function is applicable only on xcontrol. Please help how to convert XY graph into an xcontrol, so that above method can be applied in my case.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,260 Views)

Hi Koranne,

It seems that Contbounds function is applicable only on xcontrol.

As you see in this old thread that property node applies to an intensity graph, so your conclusion "applicable to a xcontrol" is plain wrong.

Please help how to convert XY graph into an xcontrol

Why do you want to try that? Do you know what a XControl is?

I could export image of an xy graph. However the quality of the image was very ordinary.

How did you do this?

What do you mean by "ordinary quality"?

What result do you expect?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,248 Views)

Thanks GerdW for the response. Please refer the text in blue

@GerdW wrote:

Hi Koranne,

It seems that Contbounds function is applicable only on xcontrol.

As you see in this old thread that property node applies to an intensity graph, so your conclusion "applicable to a xcontrol" is plain wrong.

Does that mean it should work for an XY graph?

Please help how to convert XY graph into an xcontrol

Why do you want to try that? Do you know what a XControl is?

I have no idea what an xcontrol is.

I could export image of an xy graph. However the quality of the image was very ordinary.

How did you do this?

Please refer the image of code attached.

What do you mean by "ordinary quality"?

I meant to say the image is pixelated and will not produce good print results. Please refer attached image (Exported image).

What result do you expect?

We are currently using visual basic for this purpose and images exported by that software are fairly better. Refer image attached (expected image quality).

Please help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,238 Views)

Hi Koranne,

at a first step to solve this issue you could create a seperate VI with a XY graph far mor bigger than your existing one.  Then you have an image to manipulte which already has the needed size…

The ContainerBounds property of a XY graph is shown as "read only" in the LabVIEW help, so you cannot change it at runtime. But you can change the plot area to fit your needs. The Bounds of the XY graph will adapt to the plot area…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,222 Views)