LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing "bring to center" on a free cursor in a log XY graph brings the cursor to the top rim of the graph (instead of the center)

Solved!
Go to solution

Can that developer be persuaded to post a reason why it is thought that such behavior is reasonable for logarithmic mapping?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(600 Views)

This is a big, fat, hairy bug as far as I am concerned.  I only buy the "LV wants it this way" argument in one case, there is specific code that handles this specific case.  So if a developer decided to use the mean in the case of logarithmic mapping (evidenced either by a comment or a check of the mapping), then there is no bug, simply a highly misguided feature.  I really, really doubt that.  I will wager that the same code is used in all cases (ie. no check of the mapping style), and there is a bug because the mean is not coincident with the center in the case of logarithmic mapping.

Message 12 of 15
(597 Views)

Right. Just because the developer wrote the code that way does not make it right.  I once wrote a program that had a bug in it. It took ten years to discover.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(594 Views)

There are exceedingly few bugs in the code I have written.  There are countless bugs in the code I have not written.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(590 Views)