From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executables

hello,

I'm trying to create an executable of my project. I have two .vi one at FPGA and other at target, I communicate them with FPGA interface fuctions.

I want to know how to create an executable, because I can't select tools>>build .exe

Is not possible to create executable located in sbrio? because I can build executable when the .vi is in computer (host)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,013 Views)

Working with RT devices, an executable is always automatically created and transferred to the RT target when you deploy the application.

What else you would like to do with the executable file?

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,996 Views)

Where is this executable?

I only want to do an executable for running it in computers that they haven't installed labview

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,991 Views)

I thought you were referring to the executable file to be run on the sbRIO, didn't you?

That file would be useful only on other identical sbRIO devices with all NI stuff installed.

Paolo
-------------------
LV 7.1, 2011, 2017, 2019, 2021
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,982 Views)

Can't I create an application .exe in sbrio? Only do  i this in .vi that they are in computer and not in the target?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,979 Views)

sbRIOs do not run Windows.  So it makes no sense to create executables to run that code on any PC.  You build the application for the sbRIO and deploy it to that sbRIO.  The application is built specifically for that target.

Now if you made an application to talk to that sbRIO that runs on a PC, you can build an exe for that and deploy it to any PC you want.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,959 Views)

Ok, then, I should do a .vi that it will be communicate with target with tcp for example, and then I could create my .exe?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,952 Views)

@cristina.lopez wrote:

Ok, then, I should do a .vi that it will be communicate with target with tcp for example, and then I could create my .exe?

That is exactly what I do.  Personally, I like to use the STM library since it takes care of much of the communications protocol for me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,947 Views)

Thanks so much, I'll try to do it like that.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,945 Views)