LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a complex vi that dynamically calls another vi in two separate occasions.  I need to be able to turn the whole thing into an executable that I can install on a computer without LabVIEW.  Is it possible to do this???? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,801 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mbostian

Sure.  Be sure to use the "Always Include" option in the executable build spec to include those dynamically called VIs.  You will need that LabVIEW Runtime Engine installed on your other computer in order to run this executable.  If you build an installer as well, it will include the RTE.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,796 Views)

Are you waiting for reply?? You should have done that.

With exe only you need run time engine also on this PC which does not has LabVIEW  Development  . better make an installer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,793 Views)

Note that the application builder is not included in LabVIEW base or full. You need professional or higher or buy the toolkit.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,783 Views)

Currently in the main program I have a static path wired to open vi reference.  I know that will have to be changed but what do I need to change that too?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,783 Views)
Solution
Accepted by mbostian

@mbostian wrote:

Currently in the main program I have a static path wired to open vi reference.  I know that will have to be changed but what do I need to change that too?

Change it so that you get the path relative to the VI that is calling it.  The Current VI Path and the Build Path are quite useful for this situation.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,773 Views)