LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable won't run

I have a program that runs fine under the development system, but the executable won't run on the same computer, much less a target computer.

It appears to stop in the initialization section. The log file is not created and the Excel data does not appear to be read. I have verified that the Files folder is there and the Excel file is in it.

I enabled debugging, but that did not help. The only front panel button that works is the Stop button.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,291 Views)

Put a path indicator on one of your paths and rebuild the application. You will find that the path in the executable is not what you think it is.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,280 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,273 Views)

You are right. The “Current Path” is based on the location of the development VI, not the executable program.

I changed it to a fixed path and it works. Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,243 Views)

@StevenHunter wrote:

I changed it to a fixed path and it works. Thanks for the help.

I would strongly recommend to use the suggestions in my link above. A "fixed path" is fragile, because the VI will break as soon as the exe is moved elsewhere or even if somebody installs on a different drive letter.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,238 Views)

I agree with altenbach. A fixed path is not the right solution. Take a look at the link that altenbach provided.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,236 Views)