From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable not running on Win 10 - 64 bit

I made an executable on my computer, running Windows 7 Enterprise SP1, 64 bit.   I used LabVIEW 2015, version 15.0 (32bit) software.  It is a very simple exe that uses a USB-6009 to collect FFT vibration data.  I have not had any issues until recent when a user tried to install and run it on Windows 10 64 bit.  During the install, they referenced some comments about non compatibility with 64 bit.  The USB 6009 driver seems to install fine and work OK however.  

Can anyone tell me what the show stopper is here?  And what is the fix?  Do I need to create the exe in the 64 bit version of LabVIEW for it to run on a Win 10 64 bit machine?  Is there a one-fix-all solution?  Meaning can I create one version that will run on Win 7 and Win 10 32/64 bit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,902 Views)

I assume you developed and tested the program on a Windows 7 x64 machine, running LabVIEW 2015, 32-bit.  When you installed LabVIEW on the Windows 7 machine, you also installed the LabVIEW 2015 32-bit Run Time System.

You should be able to run the same executable on a Windows 10 x64 machine, provided it has the LabVIEW 2015 32-bit Run Time System installed.  You should be able to install a Run Time System on the Windows 10 machine, and then the Executable should run.  You might also need Drivers.  One way to "port" the Executable is to build an Installer, which (as I understand it) looks up and configures the additional files needed to run the Executable on a Remote PC.

Bob Schor 

Message 2 of 3
(2,895 Views)

Did they get an error message that you can post? The LabVIEW application must match the runtime environment they have installed. Did you give them an installer that included the LabVIEW 2015 32-bit runtime environment?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,894 Views)