LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable crashes Saving Excel Files on some PCs

Hello All,

I am trying to save Excel files after I have edited them.  But on some PC the executable works and some it does Not.  I made an installer and that too has issues.  I have attached  zip file of the issue I am having.  The debug works and the EXE work on the PC I built it on, but Not all client PC's the app is installed on work.

Info:

Labview 2018

all PC windows 10

Excel version : MS 365 version 2008 Build 13127.21668

Thank you for your time,

RS

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,267 Views)

Hello, I'm not sure if it applies to your case, but maybe some of the client PCs doesn't have an active licence of MS Office and that breaks the code. You could search for that.

Roger Garcia, Certified LabVIEW Developer

HTML tutorial

There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,172 Views)

Hello Roger,

From what I have seen there is an active Excel application on all PC's and Excel is involved in many other tasks.  I saw there are different versions of Excel on the PC's so it seems if the version of Excel doesn't match the Client PC the App has a run time failure in trying to save the Excel files using this save VI (Save Report to File.vi).

GyroNi_0-1625584348194.png

In further exploring that MS office has kept the same version number 16 from the release in 2019 to now so it is difficult to tell these versions apart without using the build number. I wonder why there is a compatibility issue in saving?  Is there any other way to open, edit and save Excel files over these versions?  The change I am trying to make are Not complex just edits to numbers in given cells on a standard template.

Thank you for your help,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,126 Views)

You are right i didn't remember that, but since Office 365 release I also had compatibility issues, so saving this files only works for previous versions. The work around I could recommend is to save de files as CSV files, which are 100% Excel compatible (no matter the version) and you have more editing tools and capabilities with Labview Base software.

Roger Garcia, Certified LabVIEW Developer

HTML tutorial

There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,120 Views)

Hello Roger,

I wish I could do that but then I loose the template and have to add a manual step to import the data back into the template.

It seem to work with which ever version of Excel is on the development machine; as I have tried with 2 machines with different versions of Excel.  So it looks like Labview has libraries compatible to both.  Is there away to check the version of Excel and select the library that is compatible with it, before making the calls to open the Excel file?

Thank you for help,

Raj

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,106 Views)