LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable PPL Dependency Location not Updating for Executable

Hi Everyone,

I have a project (not particularly large yet), that is using about 10 PPLs at the moment (the PPLs are mostly DQMH modules in a tree-like dependency structure). I have a launcher VI that calls a PPL, and that PPL might launch other PPLs (DQMH modules).

When I build the application, the PPLs go into the 'data' folder by the executable as expected. However, the executable is still dependant on the PPLs in my development workspace.

• The PPLs are in the "Always Include" box in the Launcher project
  • "Exclude Dependant Packed Libraries" is not selected
  • When built, the PPLs go into the data folder as expected
  • The PPLs are all made from separate projects and the build specifications 'Exclude dependant packed libraries'
  • The Exe runs as expected (provided the PPLs are in the dev workspace)
    • The source code runs as expected too

Can anyone think of why the PPLs are going into the data folder, but still the executable is dependant on the PPLs in my development workspace?

Cheers,

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,412 Views)

What I have done is put my PPLs in the build folder, so they are already there.  In the executable build specification under "Additional Exclusions", I check the "Exclude dependent packed libraries".  In the installer build specification, you can still include the PPLs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,370 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

Thanks for your suggestion, I've given that a go but it hasn't changed the behaviour. The executable is still pointing towards the PPLs in my workspace instead of the PPLs in the data folder 😞

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,365 Views)

@McQuillan wrote:

Hi Crossrulz,

Thanks for your suggestion, I've given that a go but it hasn't changed the behaviour. The executable is still pointing towards the PPLs in my workspace instead of the PPLs in the data folder 😞

Sounds like you missed a step in there.  I don't put the PPLs into "workspace".  I work with the PPLs directly from the build folder, even in development.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,347 Views)

Hey Crossrulz,

I got chatting with Derrick at the GLA summit and he helped me realise the PPLs were dependant on each other via an absolute path, so even though they looked relative (i.e. next to each other), that was inconsequential.

Anyway, after working on my documentation and ensuring my build specs were building to a relative path (relative to the dependant PPLs), I've been able to build the application properly.

Thank you for your comments.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,328 Views)