From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable File Doesn't Work with Configuration File Functions (NI_LVConfig.lvlib) In Use

Hi,

I have a problem when I built a program into exe file.

The source code can run fine, but after turn it into exe file, it doesn't work.

It has a main vi that call sub vi by opening the vi reference, and the sub vi has some functions from NI_LVConfig.lvlib ( Configuration file functions )

Here has two pictures of the demo program.

I searched NI_LVConfig.lvlib in forum and found some topics about this, but I still didnot work out this problem.

I believe this is a problem of vi dependence, that after built, the executable file cannot find the resource of NI_LVConfig.lvlib.

Best Regards!

Vincent

main.png

sub.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,929 Views)

Can you try using application directory as shown inhttp://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FD7DE8BC8FFC256C862565F4006BE363

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,921 Views)

Yeah, it also can get same result by using Current VI Path.

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,917 Views)

Anyone who has some idea ?

Thanks

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,903 Views)

Have you remembered to put your dynamically called subvi into the "always included" in the build specification? As it is called by reference it won't automatically be included.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,886 Views)

Hi, Lan,

I tried my demo project, it can work in right way.

I will try my test system.

It is interesting that the dynamic subvi can be called successfully without LVConfig.lvlib functions in use, so I didn't pay attention on included vis.

Thank you very much.Smiley Very Happy

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,883 Views)

Hi, Lan,

Please kindly help to look at my new problem.

After including all dynamic subvi into the project, the exe file turns to search VISA Configure Serial Port.

I tried to include this vi into project/re-direct the vi, but it helps nothing. The _visa.llb be included into project will affect exe file building due to it has some unexecutable file.

I use this vi in my init function for serial control.

Should I turn to include some other llb file or even other dll file for visa support?

Thank you very much!

Hope can get your kindly help.

BR

Vincent.

init.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,876 Views)

It may be that the VISA driver isn't included in the target machine?

You can include it in the "additional installers" page in the installer build.

Ian S
Applications Engineer CLA
National Instruments UK&Ireland
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,872 Views)

But this problem occurs on my own PC, I didn't run the exe application in test machine cause the exe build problem.

From my previous experience, I think VISA driver doesn't need to build into the exe file but ask user to install NI 488.2.

BR

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,859 Views)

Hi, Lan

Could you kindly help to take a look at this problem?

Thank you very much!

Vincent

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,844 Views)