LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executable Crashing

Hello All,

My executable is crashing with an error message attached with this message.But it is executing with out any error in Development Environment. Can anyone please help me to sort this issue?

I am using LabVIEW 8.2.1 with Windows XP

Regards,
Karthik SP
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,802 Views)
Is the name of the exe in the screenshot the name of the application you built with LV?

Do you use any DLL, Active-X or something like that?

If you use a DLL will this DLL call other DLLs and have you moved them all to the application support directory?
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
Message 2 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Hello Waldemar,

Thanks for your quick response.

Yes, Name of the exe in the screenshot is the name of my application, which I have built using LabVIEW.

I am using .ocx control built in Visual Basic and a couple of .LLB files which internally access .dll files.

I have registered the .ocx control in work station(PC).(Regsvr32 ..\filename.ocx)

Basically .LLB files are used to communicate with third party hardware(Non NI) which are given by Hardware Vendor(MCC,Universal Library).

I have installed the Library in work station.Hence I have not included this things in support directory.

I am able to run the application in devlopment environment (multiple times) with out error.

I have also observed that when I open .exe and leave it for some time (30 Sec) with out raising any events,then also it is crashing with same error message.

Please help to sort this issue.

Regards,
Karthik SP

Message Edited by labviewerror on 01-04-2008 08:35 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,772 Views)

Hi Karthik,

It seems that your executable is crashing due to a WinAPI dll, namely the NTDLL.dll.  I have two knowledge base articles that discuss this behavior, and these may be good first steps to take.  I am not quite sure how the call to the DLL is behaving there since it is in a library on the workstation.  Is your workstation also the development computer or is it the computer that the executable is deployed to?  Let me know if either of the two suggestions below work, and we can go from there.

"This error can also be caused when running a LabVIEW built executable. If the VI calls a WinAPI DLL function and uses the full path to the DLL in the Call Library Function Node, the LabVIEW Application Builder will create a copy of the DLL in the data directory of the executable. Some DLLs such as WinAPI DLLs should only reside in one location, such as C:\WINDOWS\system32, otherwise errors/crashes can occur when called. To prevent this, remove the DLL path in the Call Library Function Node when calling WinAPI DLLs."
LabVIEW Application Error: The instruction at address x referenced memory at address y. The memory c...

"Built executables only look in certain directories for a given function library. For any built executable, be sure to have your DLL installed in one of the following:

• The same directory as the executable
  • <windows>\system (\winnt\system32 for NT systems)
  • Any path that is specified with the set path command in the autoexec.bat file or listed in the path environment variable on NT

Thus, you can install a DLL in any directory that you wish, but be sure that the respective directory is, at the least, listed in autoexec.bat as described above.

Note: If you are calling WinAPI DLL located in the system directory, you have two options:

1. Enter the DLL file name itself without its path in the Call Library Function Node. This will avoid a copy of the DLL to be created in the data directory when building the application.
  2. If you don't want to or can't rebuild the executable, delete the WinAPI DLL from the data directory. Your executable will now spend some time searching for the DLL every time you launch the executable. Fix this by adding the <WINDOWS>\SYSTEM32 folder to the Tools » Options... » Paths » VI Search Path of the executable. "

My Stand-Alone Executable Cannot Find My DLL, Even Though I Have Specified the Path for the DLL

Message 4 of 4
(2,731 Views)