LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clad questions

Hi,

Its my trun this time to test the water. I have read so many responses about the CLAD test at different posts . I am too a bit confused about it with some weired questions. I am taking a shot 2 days later. i think I am prepared but still there are questions whose answers i am not sure of.

I shall be grateful to all the wizards who could spare some time to correct my answers in the attachment. All the answers in these questions are wrong which I thoght were correctSmiley Sad

A/ways the most interesting question is Question no. 40 where you ahev to choose between the less wrong choice out of the all wrong choicesSmiley Very Happy

i hope i pass my exam at the first go.

Regards
CLAD
Using Labview 5.1,6.1,7.1.8.0
Message 1 of 19
(4,479 Views)
I've never been a big fan of these standardardized tests, but I'll submit my two cents here:

10: (C): This should be obvious, though the use of "should" may make some people interpret the question incorrectly.
21: I've never heard of "Modular Node", and I suspect that "Expanded Node" is another term for "Expandable Node". At least, it is in my mind, so I would go for (C), "Modular Node".
32: I have very little experience with DAQ, especially the latest stuff, so I can't comment on this one. If I had to guess, I'd toss a coing between (A) and (C).
40: (C): Again, this one should be obvious based on the output tunnel.
8: This one is way too vague of a question, and completely meaningless (one of the reasons why I don't like these kinds of tests). I'm not even going to honor the question as valid.

Feedback node question: I hate feedback nodes, as I think they make code harder to read, especially with this example. The wiring for this example is quite unclear, as it's not obvious what's connected to what. If you look at it closely the output of the multiply seems to go "behind" the wire that loops around. I'm also not sure how it's wired in order to get the feedback node pointed to the right. In real life you write code so that it's easy to read, not to create trick questions. To answer your question, the third iteration is when i=2 (i=0, i=1, i=2,...). That's standard terminology when it comes to loops.

Message 2 of 19
(4,462 Views)

Hey Smercui..

Thanks for the answers. I also agree with you on the "Standardized test" thinking.But I am into it now ..

The FOR loop questions appears in the Fundamental exams very often. I never used one till I gave one of the Fundamental tests.

The answer to this question was 8 which is when i=3.

More inputs on this one would be appreciated.

I really appreciate your help. specially the Ques40 opened my eyes. Thanks buddy.

CLAD
Using Labview 5.1,6.1,7.1.8.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,454 Views)
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I consider this is a trick question. The key is the direction of the feedback node. Normally, when you place a feedback node in a for loop it points to the left. You can get it to point to the right based on how you wire it, or what additional wire connections you make, which is the main reason I hate feedback node. Because of the way it's wired, the value of Feedback should be:

iteration   i   Feedback
1           0   1
2           1   2
3           2   4

I say this only because I replicated the code, or at least what I interpreted from the sloppy wiring.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,426 Views)
It all depends which side of the feedback node you are looking at.  If looking at the side that gets data after the math operations, then the correct answer is 8 (after the 3rd iteration).  If you look at the other side, well that data is the data that occurs before the math, or before the 3rd iteration.  All in all, I think 8 is the correct answer.  I agree that it is a bad question due to a bad diagram.
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,417 Views)
That one gets me to. The "correct" answer is 8. I HATE FEEDBACK \ FEEDFORWARD NODES.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,408 Views)
Smercurio,

What do you have to do when wiring in order to get the feedback node to appear in the forward direction?  I tried playing around and couldn't figure it out.  I didn't find anything in help.

I had forgotten about feedback notes soon after I had finished LV Basics course.  The instructor even recommended using shift registers over feedback nodes.

Since that diagram is drawn so poorly in the test, I believe it probably wasn't real LV code, but somebody's results of playing with Microsoft Paint.  🙂

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 11-28-2006 10:35 PM

Message 7 of 19
(4,398 Views)

I would like to second the comments regarding feedback nodes!

Ben

To: Ravens Fan.

Congratulations on your win on Sunday!

The Ravens look mean.

"Steelers Fan" Smiley Sad

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 8 of 19
(4,374 Views)

All you have to do to get a "Feed forward" node is right click on the output and select insert then select all pallettes and insert a feedback node and when it is placed on the block diagram it will be facing toward the right. Once the feedback node is placed the direction cannot be changed.

I found a couple of posts that talk about this exact same question.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,364 Views)

Here is a vi that explains the answer.

Message Edited by Jhoskins on 11-29-2006 09:49 AM

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19