LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel to Labview

Need help to develop a program for labveiw from a excel spreadsheet (which has two rows). How do you manage to get labveiw to read data from spreadsheet to display histograms?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,141 Views)

The report generation toolkit can read Excel files.  Note however that it not only requires Excel to be installed, it will actually open the report in Excel before reading it - so it is very slow.read excel.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,125 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how do you select the excel csv file (which icon) and how do need to format the data to suit developed program

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,119 Views)

@ripper6009 wrote:

Just wondering how do you select the excel csv file

... a csv file is not the same thing as an Excel file.  If you want to read a csv file in, just use Read Delimited Spreadsheet.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,111 Views)

Sorry its excel spreadsheet so an xlsx file

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,106 Views)

Look at BowenM's original suggestion.  Since you did not post any code, we can't tell much about your environment, such as your LabVIEW Version.  Do you have access to the Report Generation Toolkit?  Do you have Excel installed on your PC?

There is third-party software that provides "hooks" into .xlsx files without requiring the RGT, nor (I believe) even Excel.  I apologize to its Developer (whom I've met at NI Week), but don't remember the name of the Product.  However, you can probably do a Web search and find it, and it is also probably on the LabVIEW Tools Network.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,050 Views)

Hi Bob,

It might be XLR8

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,044 Views)

Yes, that sounds right to me ...  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,036 Views)

You could also look into using ActiveX, but this is what the RGT uses under its hood.  So its almost the same thing where you would have to have Excel installed; however, the you wouldn't need RGT installed.

Quentin "Q" Alldredge

Chief LabVIEW Architect, Testeract | Owner, Q Software Innovations, LLC (QSI)
Director, GCentral | Admin, LabVIEW Wiki | Creator, The QControl Toolkit
Certified LabVIEW Architect | LabVIEW Champion | NI Alliance Partner

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,008 Views)

ReadExcel.png

Provide Necessary Input and check whether you can read the expected values from the specified excel file

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,975 Views)