From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exaprom PDF Cell format issue

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Everyone, I'm currently using Exaprom to generate a PDF report for some testing equipment. The report should be formated in a particular way (I've attached an image of the format to this message). The table has one thick line which seperates the Data from the channel names and units. I've racked my brain trying to find a way to produce the thick line and still maintain the other thin lines bording the cells but I havent come up with a solution. My initial thought was to merge the cell containing the units with another cell containing the thick line but that produced an error in my VI and didnt export the PDF at all. If anyone has come up with a solution for this (if it's at all possible), then I could really use the help!

ExampleFormat

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,477 Views)

At first glance, I don't think it is possible...  I'll look at this in more detail at the end of the day.

Message 2 of 6
(3,446 Views)

@J-M wrote:

At first glance, I don't think it is possible...  I'll look at this in more detail at the end of the day.

I think you can do it using the Custom Borders input of Append Table.vi. (You need to create the table first using Create Table.vi then pass the pdf table output to the pdf table input of Append Table.vi)

custom borders.png

Ben64

Message 3 of 6
(3,435 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RistovskiNik

Actually my suggestion doesn't work 😞

Plan B: Insert an empty column where you want the thick line separator and set the column width to the same value as the line thickness. Doesn't even need to use custom border! The resulting line width will be twice the others ones.

Ben64

Message 4 of 6
(3,421 Views)

I think Ben64 found the only way to do what you want...

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,410 Views)

@ben64 wrote:

Actually my suggestion doesn't work 😞

Oh man, and I gave you a kudo because that is what I was going to suggest.

@ben64 wrote:

Plan B: Insert an empty column where you want the thick line separator and set the column width to the same value as the line thickness. Doesn't even need to use custom border! The resulting line width will be twice the others ones.

Still earned my kudo I guess.

Message 6 of 6
(3,380 Views)