LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Example code for NI-8451?

I'm brand new to the world of LabView, and I was looking at the:

link to gain a little understanding on how to go about testing (reading/writing) my device.  I am currently stuck on the area where I need to

use the Advanced API for the USB-8451 and provide scripting functionality to effectively create the custom transactions of the serial

operations I wish to perform.  In the Example found in the link above, the example code they provided at this juncture is not linked, it's

broken.  Is it possible to fix this link? And if not is there a link to another sample code that I can use to inspire me on how to go

about programming the interface between the NI-845 and my device?

P.S. Yes, I paraphrased some of my question from somewhere else...
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,116 Views)
Hi there,

As long as you have the 845x driver installed, you can also find example programs for I2C and SPI in the LabVIEW example finder.  You can go to Help  > Find Examples, then Browse to Hardware Input and Output > I2C and SPI.  There you will find both Basic and Advanced examples for I2C and SPI. 

You might also want to check out the Software User Manual for more information.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Adam W
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,096 Views)
So there's no way to revive the code for this example project??? 😞
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,063 Views)
Hey,

What exactly do you mean by "revive the code" for this example?  When you click on an example program (as Adam mentioned above), the front panel opens.  From there you can go to the block diagram by going to "Window">>>"Show Block Diagram".  This will take you to the block diagram for the program, which contains the graphical source code for the example program.  Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Regards,
Jason W.
Application Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,039 Views)

Hi,

i am using USB-8451 and trying to communicate with GUI.

i don't see any communication between them, how to check the USB-8451 is working ? i can see the LED is blinking.

is there any standard GUI from NI to test USB-8451 is working or not ?

if there any GUI like that ? please send me the link.

and where can i find example programs ? 

Thanks,

Pavan

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,343 Views)

Unfortunately, there is no test GUI for the USB-845x.  But there are plenty of examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder (Help->Find Examples).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,331 Views)