cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event stucks

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all

Strange Things happen to me: I have two equal Event structures (mouse enter and leave) of a framed Color box.

Either one works (mouse over changes the Color, the other disabled by a disable structure). But both don't work. I the mouse enter one of them, ok, but leaving stucks the program. The Event inspector Shows an unhandled Event (mouse leave)

Windows 10-64bit, LabVIEW 2021. Same error in 32 and 64 bit Version.

I'm glad for any help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,042 Views)

I can't open your vi because I only have LabVIEW 2019 installed on my work computer, but are you saying that you have two separate event structures? Did you read the "Caveats and Recommendations when Using Events in LabVIEW"? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,020 Views)

Use 1 event structure, not 2.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(998 Views)
Solution
Accepted by crossrulz

Both Event Structures must execute in order for the loop to iterate.  You this will not be possible.  As already stated, you should be using a single Event Structure to handle all of your GUI events, including your stop button.  You can even use some tricks so a single event case can handle multiple events.

See if this makes any sense to you.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
Message 4 of 5
(985 Views)

It works. Thank you very much for fast and successful help!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(960 Views)