cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error

Solved!
Go to solution

What is this telling me?

"Missing subVI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Ramp Pattern by Samples.vi in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi. Missing subVI ReadZero_2.vi in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi. Missing external function lvanlys.dll:RampPtrn85:C in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi."

I have the correct Lab View Run Time Patch installed according to the author.

Thanks!

mm

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,494 Views)

Its a little unclear what you are doing.  Running a compile LabVIEW EXE or opening a VI in the LabVIEW IDE. The Run Time Engine version doesn't matter if you aren't running a compile LabVIEW EXE but are using the LabVIEW IDE to open a VI.  Then the LabVIEW version matters.

The error is telling you the VIs aren't found.  Perhps you skipped or cancelled the step where LabVIEW tries to locate the VIs when you open a new file.

I know the NI_AALBase.lvlib:Ramp Pattern by Samples.vi is only provided with the Full version of LabVIEW.  Are you perhaps trying to open these VIs with either the Base or Student versions?  If so then those VIs aren't available and you will have to upgrade your version.

Craig

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,479 Views)

Thank you. I'll pass this along to the author.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,466 Views)

What would the full version of Lab View Say? Would it be a Run Time Engine? My company has a license for Lab View that this Spectral Engineer creates analysis software out of. Our Windows 10 did an update back in early May and all of a sudden the programs are not working and giving these errors: 

Error 1:

LabVIEW: Resource not found.
Ivanlys.dll
An error occurred loading VI 'ReadZero_2.v OK

Error 2:

LabVIEW: Resource not found.
Ivanlys.dll
An error occurred loading VI ’NI_AALBase.lvlib:Ramp Pattern by Samples.vi'.

Error 3:

Missing subVI NI_AALBase.lvlib:Ramp Pattern by Samples.vi in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi. Missing subVI ReadZero_2.vi in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi.
Missing external function lvanlys.dll:RampPtrn85:C in VI SensorDataAnalysis_ForExe.vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,457 Views)

So you are running an EXE?   If so then perhaps get a new version from the developer or have him help debug. 

I would guess that the Windows 10 upgrade has done something to the Ivanlys.dll.  All the other errors just tell you the same thing, that parts of the needed DLL aren't available. 

See if the "Ivanlys.dll" exists on your machine. If its been removed or changed by a virus scanner or Windows update then you will need to re-install it.  The developper should be able to fix that quickly.  Perhaps re-installing the LabVIEW runtime is in order if the Windows upgrade has affected it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,433 Views)

Anecdotally, Windows 10 updates have been *much* more problematic to our installed base of test systems than Windows 7 (or even Vista!) updates have been.  I haven't seen this particular "lvanlys.dll" problem personally, but whenever a system stops working these days, one of my first troubleshooting steps is often to investigate whether a Win 10 update recently happened.

Re-installing the LV runtime sounds like a good idea to me too.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,430 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mmdaytontexas

Thanks everyone. You have all been very helpful. 

I wanted to give you an update that I finally got it working by installing every old LabView Run Time and patch that we had over the past 10 years and also installing the Run Time for 2018. For some reason, the Lab View Manager/Upgrader used only the files it needed to upload to fill in all the blanks and missing files and now the data analysis program works great. Before it was loading with those broken arrows at the top indicating a problem in loading, now they are gone and all functions seem normal. Does that make any sense to anyone? I'm not a programmer or developer, only a user who was trying to help out the author who is not much on visiting community sites where I don't mind doing so at all. Thanks again everyone!

LVRTE901std.exe
LVRTE2014SP1_f3Patchstd.exe

LVRTE2016_f2Patchstd.exe

LVRTE2018_f2Patch-64std.exe

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,428 Views)