From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error with Index Values Property for Table Scrolling

Hi All

I'm hoping someone can take a look at the attached code I am having trouble with. My ultimate goal is to implement an auto scroll for a Table in my main VI as I continue to populate it with test results using a subVI. Right now I am just trying to get the concept down since I haven't done this before, but I keep getting an "Error 1077 occurred at Property Node (arg 1)" for the IndexValue and I cannot figure out why. I have tried looking at other examples and dont see the issue.

As a secondary question, I want to change the "Pass" or "Fail" active cell to green or red as I continue to populate the table, is there an easy way using a property node to re-initialize all table cells back to the default blank color when I start my program? If so I can't seem to figure it out and cells retain their colors unless I write over them again one at a time.

Thanks!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,302 Views)

I just wanted to say I found my issue with the first part, I was reading a negative number for the row, didn't know this would be an issue because I was copying examples.

Am still trying to figure out the second part. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,268 Views)

First Q

You cant feed Negative values as Index Values to a Property node. [Table holds the index values from 0 to n]

Second Q

Make sure your default Table contains white BG in the status column. and use reinitialize to default at the start of program.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,258 Views)

OK I think I understand the second Q now. Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,239 Views)

For your First Question "Revisit your subtraction logic which gives negative values"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,222 Views)

Understood. The reason why I had missed that part is that I was following the autoscroll table.vi found in this thread:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/auto-scroll-table/td-p/226100

I still don't quite understand why it works as the row value is a negative number as well up until the point that it starts scrolling. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,213 Views)

For the Q about setting the entire table to default color...

Use (-2,-2) for the active cell before setting the BG color.

See the help for "active cell"

Elements

Name Description
Row Sets the row(s) of the active cell(s). Possible values are 0…n, where n is the total number of rows - 1. Enter –2 to select all rows.
Column Sets the column(s) of the active cell(s). Possible values are 0…m, where m is the total number of columns - 1. Enter –2 to select all columns. Enter –1 to select the column header.

The following table lists example values for this property.

Row Column Result
–2 0 Selects all cells of the first column, including the column header.
–2 –2 Selects all rows and columns, including column headers.
–1 0 Selects the header of the first column.
–1 –2 Selects the headers of all columns.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,210 Views)