From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while reading from PLC

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello every one

i created on small project to read I/Os from PLC. it working fine but when i run same project on other PC , Labview not connecting / reading from PLC and showing error message (Hex  0x8BBB000A) unspecified error.

any one suggest me what is actual problem.

Thanks,

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,981 Views)

hello friends

one thing which also today i checked that, the previous VI file is not working but if i just only create new VI (remaining project same) , this VI is working fine.

please suggest why this is happening.

thanks,

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,950 Views)

still waiting for any help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,905 Views)

You haven't given us a lot of information to go on.

A couple of questions

• What PLC are you using
  • What is the communication method (TCP/Modbus/RS232/Something else)
  • Are you running the VI's in the development environment or have you created an executable
  • Do you know exactly at what point in your code this error occurs
  • Does this error appear in your LabVIEW error wire or does it appear as a system error (Send us a screenshot of the error)
  • It would be useful if you could post your actual VI's, put your entire project in a zip file

It sounds like you have an installation problem. Make sure you have installed all of the necessary drivers for the PLC if required and installed all LabVIEW modules that you have used.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,890 Views)

Many thanks for your replay.

1- Fuji PLC (same project is running on same operating system on other pc)

2- TCP communication.

3- i just copied project in my usb and paste on other PC, did some changes like IP address of PC and just run VI.

4- it giving error to read shared variables.(picture attachded)

5- i am using labview 2020.

6- orginal project attached zip file.

only if i create new VI it start reading from PLC remaing all setting, laberay, opc server same.

more points:

i have done this pratice before when i created project for Siemens PLC using LABVIEW 2016 but it worked ( copied from one pc to other no issue).

thanks,

asif 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,883 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asif138

i found solution nothing but only LabVIEW 2020 bug, when i did same with LabVIEW 2016, its working fine.

thanks,

asif 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(1,808 Views)