From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:"Memory.cpp" line 342

Hi All,

I am working in LabVIEW 8.20. In my application, i am inserting a re entrant vi (hosting a xcontrol) in a sub panel placed on the Configure VI of a TEST Express. I am opening and closing the VI refnums properly. while opening the test express by double clicking i am getting the error

Fattal Error:"Memory.cpp" line 342

and it closes the labVIEW also. What is the reason and What are the things i need to check to debug this.

Regards,
Pandiarajan R

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,420 Views)
Pandiarajan,

It sounds like you are working on quite a complex application there.  As for debugging tips I'd try removing components until you find that you no longer get the error.  This will at least show you what is triggering the crash.

That being said, LabVIEW should not be crashing in this manner and I would encourage you to report the issue to NI when prompted.  This will send the error log file to an engineer who will then be able to help you troubleshoot.  If you can repeatedly cause a ".cpp" crash then it is very helpful for us to get the VIs and/or steps required to reproduce the crash so that we investigate.

Regards,

Simon H
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,406 Views)