cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

Error installing LINX - An internal VIPM 2020.3 (build 2540) Error has occured

Hey there - it seemed I was on the wrong or right track, depends on how you look at it.

When I installed LabVIEW, I didn't have the correct permissions. It could not write to disk. 

So, I changed the permissions and now I am able to install packages. 

Thanks for your help - Glen

0 kudos
Mensaje 11 de 18
1.076 Vistas

Having the same problem. When you say you changed the permissions and can now install packages – what did you do differently beyond granting LabView/VIPM full disk access?

0 kudos
Mensaje 12 de 18
1.052 Vistas

Just to be absolutely certain, you should NOT try to install LINX through VIPM.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 kudos
Mensaje 13 de 18
1.049 Vistas

I'm not sure if I was clear or not - but I'm running MacOS Big Sur.

I was able to get things running, but there are some weirdnesses:

1. I had to manually modify all of the permissions in the System Prefs to get it to work. Maybe this is a new Big Sur thing - I've not had a Mac in 15 years.
  2. when I did finally get the LINX Toolkit installed, some of the palates where there, but the driver wizards would not work correctly. When I attempted to run it, I just saw the frontend VI.

Any bright ideas? 
0 kudos
Mensaje 14 de 18
1.039 Vistas

Yep I'm also using Big Sur. I did finally manage to get the LINX toolkit installed and the LINX firmware generated/uploaded -- found this post helpful. But LabView crashes now that NI-VISA is installed, so I'm giving up for now. All works fine on a different computer running LV2020 on Sierra.

0 kudos
Mensaje 15 de 18
1.034 Vistas

How many times do you have to drill it into me that you are installing on a Mac???  Jeez...  I apologize for having it take so long to seep through my thick skull.

I have to add that your patience is commendable.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 kudos
Mensaje 16 de 18
1.023 Vistas

Hey,

I am facing the same issue on Mac. I was wondering what system preferences you changed exactly to be able to install Linx in the end, please?

0 kudos
Mensaje 17 de 18
979 Vistas

Hi there.

To get everything to work, I had to go into the System Preferences on my Mac, and manually change the settings to allow LabView and the VI manager to access the Mac file system.
I have not had a Mac since the Jaguar OS and there have been changes that I was not aware of.
I allowed the applications (LabView and VI Manager) to have access to the needed parts of my disk.

Make sense? I made a screen shot below. This is probably a mistake and I hit it with the biggest hammer I could find. It works, but it is probably not the preferred way. Elephant Gun/Mosquito analogy.

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 13.03.08.png

0 kudos
Mensaje 18 de 18
973 Vistas