cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in microsoft workbook invoke node

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have been working on reading a column of excel sheet using suggestions in LabVIEW forum that is using ActiveX from past two days. But could not proceed further due to error I am facing while using invoke node to open excel workbook and unable to figure out what problem is & what could be solution for same. Could someone help me on same. Attached my VI and screen shot of error i am facing.

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks in advance. Error.jpg

Thank and Regards,

Pragathi Devaraja

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(4,477 Views)

Most important: NEVER implement infinite code execution without the option to stop it properly (for Windows targets that is)!

When working with interfaces, you should get used to close the interfaces "in opposite order". That means that you have to close the Excel Application as last item.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(4,476 Views)

Hi Norbert,

Thanks for your reply. I tried closing application refnum atlast but still facing same prob. i hope you meant same as solution. Attached code of same. Aufnahme3.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(4,467 Views)

You close the references at last, which is good, but still in the incorrect order. First close Sheets, then Workbook (you missed that), then Workbooks and Application as last.

Also please tell us which property/invoke node is creating the error exactly? You got two property nodes and two invoke nodes. Please use probes to identify.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(4,462 Views)

Hi,

Still facing same problem. I am facing problem in my workbooks invoke node.

Aufnahme4.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(4,457 Views)

Is the Path valid?

Using the code on my machine works correctly....

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(4,430 Views)

Yes path is valid(my document is in xlsx format). I tried in different paths and different files. but again same issue.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(4,424 Views)

Please check when setting the Excel visibility to true.

Norbert

Norbert
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(4,419 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author P_innovative

Hello,

Have you tried to open just an xls file instead of an xlsx file.  Which version of Excel do you have installed on your PC?

Regards,

Wade

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(4,413 Views)

Hi Wade,

I am using 2010 version of excel. I tried in XLS format too which is again giving error. My LabVIEW version is 2014. Not sure what problem i am exactly facing when Norbert is able to run same program in his system without any error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(4,410 Views)