Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in GPIB connection

Solved!
Go to solution

Hii Friends,

Can you help to solve this problem.

I intend to Use LV-2012 fro connection my SPEX-1702 monochromator to my PC. 

After i installed the LV-2012, i installed Ni-VISa 15.5 version for windows following the instructions in ni website. But bow when i connec my device to the PC, the Ni-MAX shows a yellow exclamation near the device. I have attached the pic for the same. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the LV and Ni-VISa but the problem repeats.

Can you suggest me to solve the problem.

Thank you

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,823 Views)

Your hardware didn't come with an installation CD? You need the manufacturer USB device driver as specified in the error message. The best thing to do is to contact the manufacturer. Look here for it and for a LabVIEW driver.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,793 Views)

Hii Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Prior to connecting SPEX-1702, i have tried another GPIB devide Tektronix TDS 220 scope. I have installed the driver for it from the following page,

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=047216EC20B66FABE0440003BA7CCD....

But unfortunately, the same error turns up.

Pavan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,750 Views)

@Pa1_korea wrote:

Hii Ben,

Thanks for the reply. Prior to connecting SPEX-1702, i have tried another GPIB devide Tektronix TDS 220 scope. I have installed the driver for it from the following page,

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=047216EC20B66FABE0440003BA7CCD....

But unfortunately, the same error turns up.

Pavan

Why would you install a driver for a totally different instrument and expect it to work?  Would you expect it to work if you installed a mouse driver?

One thing that may have confused you is that Ben is talking about Windows-level drivers, not LabVIEW-level ones.

Still, I am wondering if it wouldn't be more expedient to ask a colleague to set it up for you, as I am unsure of your expertise in this matter.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,742 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pa1_korea

You need to install the driver for the USB-GPIB controller.  That is the driver Windows is complaining about.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 5
(2,708 Views)