From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during deployment of LabVIEW web service

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Guys,

I developed an LabVIEW application consist of Web Service VI & created Installer for the same.

When I am installing the same application on target system (Win XP professional), I can't see his deployed folder (WebService_GUIID) under aws folder (In win XP).

Getting following error :

default:1 main  Error: Can't access DocumentRoot directory
   default:1 main  Error: Ignoring bad directive "DocumentRoot" at line 25 in C:\Program Files\UMSW\niwebserver.conf

Please suggest.

Thanks

Puneet

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,035 Views)

Dear Puneet,

I am not very much sure about the solution, But you can follow this link to create a installer Containing Web Service VIs. I think you miss some linking during the time of making Installer or webServices.

Thanks and Regards
Himanshu Goyal | LabVIEW Engineer- Power System Automation
Values that steer us ahead: Passion | Innovation | Ambition | Diligence | Teamwork
It Only gets BETTER!!!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,032 Views)

Hello Himanshu,

Thanks for reply,

Sorry I missed, using LabVIEW 2010.

Thanks

Puneet

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,028 Views)

Hi Puneet,

Would it be possible to upload any of your VIs so I could take a look at them?

From the error messages you received, I'm wondering whether or not your code contains any strict references to file locations; do you reference any VIs explicitly to a file path rather than a relative file path such as within the same folder directory?

You may also find this forum topic helpful.

Alex Thomas, University of Manchester School of EEE LabVIEW Ambassador (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,009 Views)

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reply, I am using Application Directory function in two instances to get .ini & tdms file paths and passing it to other sub vis.

Do this make any issue ?

Thanks

Puneet

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,005 Views)

Hi Puneet,

How does your Web Service installation respond after trying out the solutions offered in the forum posts I linked you to?

I would recommend adding the files you refer to in your code to the project library itself and making sure you refer to them in your block diagram from there; if you make sure that these files are always included in the Application Build properties, we should be able to avoid this referencing error.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,989 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Puneet_K

Hi Alex,

Problem with .ini files clashing between custom .ini file for application for passing various parameters and LabVIEW.ini file.

Now I have divided my application into two applications i.e. web service and main application and passing data between them through network shared variable.

Everything is working fine, thanks for your kind support.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,986 Views)

I'm glad that you're up and running again! Well done for finding the cause of the problem.

Message 8 of 8
(2,979 Views)