From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code -2147217900 Typo

Solved!
Go to solution

NI,

Can you fix the typo in the error source for code -2147217900? (Occured should be occurred)

<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,993 Views)

DrexelDragon,

I just checked into this a little closer. This problem was reported back in 2008 and examined by R&D. It is not a native LabVIEW error and therefore we cannot fix it. It is a third party error message that is simply passed along by LabVIEW. We appreciate your feedback and I wish there was more I could do to help.

Alex W.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,928 Views)

@ADrexelDragon wrote:

NI,

Can you fix the typo in the error source for code -2147217900? (Occured should be occurred)

<ERR>ADO Error: 0x80040E14
Exception occured in Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]

Its Microsoft's typo.  NI has no means to fix MS software products.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ADrexelDragon

I'm guessing this is a problem because you display the error message to the user and it doesn't look professional to have typos in the error message...

...as a workaround for this specific case, you could simply do a 'find and replace' on 'occured' with 'occurred' on the error source.

Something like this should work:

FixTypo.png

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 4 of 5
(5,918 Views)

Thank you for the quick response. I couldn't find anything related to this error code.

I thought it was something generated by the database toolkit, not specific to Microsoft.

CLD Certified 2014
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,899 Views)