LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Reading Cluster from disk

@cbutcher wrote:

I feel like when I've seen older videos for LabVIEW tutorials, some of them had pink error clusters, however, googling didn't give me any information on when the current version error cluster as a separate type of cluster with a yellow wire was introduced.

It was sometime in the LabVIEW 8.X days, possibly even 8.0, when the error wire became special with its own color.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 15
(1,070 Views)

Actually it was already yellowish in 7.x. Before that you could add funkyErrClustWire=True to the LabVIEW INI file to turn the error cluster wire into the yellowish color at least for version 6.x.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 12 of 15
(1,043 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

Actually it was already yellowish in 7.x. Before that you could add funkyErrClustWire=True to the LabVIEW INI file to turn the error cluster wire into the yellowish color at least for version 6.x.

Wasn't the cluster itself also different? I have a vague memory of a 2 element cluster, possibly Int and String. This must have been at uni where i tested ver 5 as my first experience. 2005?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,034 Views)

Nope the official error cluster was like it is now, since at least LabVIEW 4 but I think even in LabVIEW 3. There were many VI libraries that were more or less ported over from earlier Mac only versions where an error cluster hadn't been invented yet. They usually just returned an integer that would indicate an error if it was not 0 or sometimes if it was negative. Pretty messy as each library had its own type of error indication. There might have been early DAQ interfaces that had a limited error cluster with just two elements. That was before NI implemented the unified NI-DAQ API, which by now is already obsolete again for many years too.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,027 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

I opened up LV 7.1 just to see and I have to agree with @crossrulz that the change happened somewhere in 8.x (but not 8.0 - it was the same color as 7.1).  If you're wondering why I'm avoiding color names, I'm colorblind so I can tell you they are different, but I can't tell you what the LV 7.1 wire looks like.  The current LV error wire looks yellowish brown to me.

judging from this post, though, I guess it was 8.2.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,016 Views)