LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message

Hello,

"Error -2146828235 occurred at Automation Open
This error code is undefined. No one has provided a description for this code, or you might have wired a number that is not an error code to the error code input"

I m using two dll's to reference  methods. there is no property in the dll so directly using invoke node. I dont know why this error msg pops up. I have connected everything to the part I am testing, The bus used is GPIB. I am also trying to supply votage to the part usin the E3648A example vi. Is that becoz of this I am getting the above error. But I was getting the error even before I had not run the E3648A vi...any inputs are welcome.

i want to know why i get this msg??
Thanks
Regards
Ravi
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,467 Views)
Hello. 

Unfortunately, I am not finding any specific information on this error code.  Could you please provide more information on exactly what your program is trying to accomplish and with what drivers?  This will help me understand the application from a higher level.  Also, could you post the code that you have written?  It may help me further debug your application and shed some light on the error message that you are getting.  I do understand that you are using the E3648A drivers found here: 
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=425

However, which one of the 3 drivers here are you using that is listed here?  Also, are you stating that the example VI provided for the driver, without any modifications being made, is throwing this error?  Or, does the example VI work fine without modifications?
Let me know and I will be happy to help further!

Brian F
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,430 Views)

Hi Brain,

I am attaching the VI. It gives me the same error that autmation open failed. when i continue i dont knw whats happening in there...it just doesnt work anymore. it used to work before without any trouble. I have checked that the reference to the DLL is correct, however I am unable to debug it. let me know your inputs to that.

thanks.

Ravi

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,421 Views)
Incidentally when I run another vi which has the same module of write method as in the rk1 vi it works and then this vi works, not before it..i just ran it....i am actually trying to do an efficiency measurement setup, where i need to read the vout, vin,I-in, I-out..My I out load is N3300A and I want to sweep that but havent been able to do so successfully. i have the agaN33xxA drivers for it,  I am using GPIB to interface the same.let me know how i can go about it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,418 Views)
now again the vi has stopped working giving me with that ugly message again..I would like  to resolve this issue at the earliest as I need to demo a part of it.any help will be grateful.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,408 Views)
You did not post the prmt_user_effi_measurement VI but the error message about the automation open points to the ActiveX clsSummitDongle methods you have scattered throughout the program and would not be related to the instrument driver at all. You are doing a lot of unnecessary opens and closes and don't have any of the error clusters wired. You should only need to do one automation open at the beginning and one at the end. Do that and wire up the error clusters and you can eliminate all of the sequence structures. Using proper dataflow means you don't need them.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,406 Views)
Hello Dennis,
Thanks for so clear cut instructions. I  m sorry for that clumsy work though. i m trying to figure out things on my own and trying my best. I will modify the vi as you had said and post it. here is the prmt user vi for reference. I thank you for your great support. will keep u posted on this. I didnt get the error clusters though. Can i use simple error handler vi and connect the error cluster to them.let me know.
thanks again
Ravi
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,400 Views)
This is what I had in mind. I think I got all of the connections to the methods correct but you should definitely check them.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,390 Views)
Hi thanks dennis for this effort. i am still getting the error same error with the modified vi also.  I made a vi as you had asked.It is working fine. however it is now not able to gain control of the GPIB 34401 and gives me an error, after I re-run it , I get the previous value read. how can remove this.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,381 Views)

I can't imagine what could have caused the instrument code to start returning an error. What is the error code number that it is being returned?

As far as the other error, since it is an ActiveX object that I don't have installed, I can not run that section of code. You should verify that the object is correctly registered on the system you are working on. If you click on the front panel automation reference and select ActiveX Class>Browse, does it appear in the list of objects on your system?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,373 Views)