LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error - LabVIEW Version 6.1 - Code Module "fpsane.cpp" - Line Number 283

Hmm... I pressed Ctrl+Z instead to undo an edit on a VI's front panel, and I received a whole string of pop-up error messages, all of which were subtly different and looked something like this:

The very last error message looked like this:

After clicking "OK" on the last error message, LabVIEW terminated without saving.  Does anybody have any idea why this has started happening today? I've made the same key-stroke combination before with no adverse effect, so why is it acting differently now?

James

P.S.  I entered the info from the last error message into the "Internal Error Support Page" as directed, but was faced with this message:

P.P.S.   All i am doing in this case (i have experimented with only changing one thing before 'undoing' the action) is grouping a few FP objects, clicking elsewhere in the screen to deselect them, then pressing Ctrl+Z to undo the action.  This produces multiple error messages as described above.

Message Edited by James Mamakos on 06-15-2009 10:42 AM

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,554 Views)

It's been a long time since I have seen these errors..  😉

If you do a search on insane object, you'll see some discussions on it.

The simplest fix is to copy the entire content of the block diagram and paste it into a new blank vi.

Delete the original (now insane) vi and save the new one with the same name as the original vi.

Some residue was left behind in the code and may have caused an orphan object which caused the insane object error.

After copying the code to a new vi, the problem should dissappear.

R

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,535 Views)
Ha! Right-oh. I'll give it a go. 🙂

Never say "Oops." Always say "Ah, interesting!"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,527 Views)

Good old memories..

Those "insane" errors used to drive me insane..  😉

(although my recovery remains uncertain)

The little trick to copy into a new blank vi should work.

Let me know how it went.

R

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,518 Views)