LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Connecting to VGA2USB FrameGrabber in LabView

I'm trying to connect a VGA2USB frame grabber device.  It uses DirectShow, and is recognized in MAX by the IMAQdx driver.  However I get an 0xBFF69011 error when trying to connect to it.  I ran the camera validation utility and it appears that I am getting the  0xBFF69011 for Attribute: CameraAttributes::VideoDecoder::AnalogFormat, along with (Hex 0xBFF69012) Attribute value is out of range.  I tried deleting the camera file in C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data and I get the same result.  There are no files in the C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data\XML directory.  I also tried using different versions of drivers and it makes no difference.  I'm attaching the camera files and validation files.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(3,991 Views)

What version of IMAQdx do you have installed on your machine?

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(3,971 Views)

By the way, I was able to get the grab.vi working with it in LabView, but it still doesn't work in MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(3,964 Views)

Hey Monzarati

If you are able to grab images using LV and not MAX, this is probably a MAX database corruption issue. To clean your database, use this MAX Database Corruption Removal Tool.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Z'atari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(3,938 Views)

I tried that and it didn't help.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(3,936 Views)

Hey Monzarati,

Try this link, Troubleshooting USB Camera Installation Problems. Browse to the MAX section and follow the steps. 

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Z'Atari

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(3,900 Views)

The link doesn't work for me.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(3,817 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(3,807 Views)

Thanks, now I can view the link.  The link mostly describes problems where the camera doesn't appear in MAX.  My camera does appear, but doesn't work.  As I mentioned earlier, it does work in LabView and other programs and the corrupt database fix did not help.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(3,800 Views)

Hey Monzarati,

I believe you are getting an attribute write error at CameraAttributes::VideoDecoder::AnalogFormat. Try changing that attribute in MAX to see if it fixes the problem. There could be an issue with the driver that doesnt allow you to set the correct setting. 

Check this site for a description on the problem: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/FCE7506A3AF7636C862576240072716D?OpenDocument

Attribute: CameraAttributes::VideoDecoder::AnalogFormat
	Display Name: Camera Attributes::Video Decoder::Analog Format
	Description: Gets/sets the video decoder analog format. 
	ToolTip: Gets/sets the video decoder analog format. 
	Type: 0x4
	Units:  
	Availability: RW
	Representation: 0x0
	Visibility: 0x1000
	Streamable: true
	Range: {} 
	Current value: UnknownEnumValue ERROR: (Hex 0xBFF69011) Unable to get attribute.
	Validating current value: PASSED 
	Setting current value WITHOUT validation: FAILED ERROR: (Hex 0xBFF69012) Attribute value is out of range.
	Setting current value WITH validation: FAILED ERROR: (Hex 0xBFF69012) Attribute value is out of range.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(3,787 Views)