LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x00764624

Hi,

I have some vi and when i try to open them the following error is displayed. Any help?

Exception: Access violation (0xC0000005) at EIP=0x00764624

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 43
(31,943 Views)

The VI you posted opens fine on my system, but is missing two subVIs. Also the structure of the code is very poor. You need to lose the sequence structure. With properly written subVIs you won't need it.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 43
(31,922 Views)

Hi,

What version of LabVIEW was this written in and what version of LabVIEW are you trying to open it in? Is this happening with other VIs or only this one?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 43
(31,908 Views)

Hi,

The version of LabVIEW I am trying to open is 2011 but I do not know about the version it was written in, maybe 2010 or older. I tried to open it with another LabVIEW 2011 on another PC and it opend without any error. This error occure on some computers with the same LabVIEW 2011 with license. Also, this problem occure for some files not for all that as I mentioned were written maybe by LabVIEW 2010 or older.

Thanks,

Ali

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 43
(31,901 Views)

LabVIEW 2011 should be able to open most programs created in 2010.  Are you trying to run an executable (.exe file) or open it in LabVIEW (.vi file)?  Make sure that you have any drivers that you are calling installed on the computer you are using, and that all of the subVIs you are using are present as well.  The example you linked calls the location detector and the 3DOFmove_v4 subVIs, but you didn't include them.  Would you mind providing those? 

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 43
(31,859 Views)

We did not try to open the exe file but we tried the vi file and ha the error. Also, it can be open in another PC with different LabVIEW, as some people mentined here, but in some PCs with the same LabVIEW installed has a problem.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 43
(31,840 Views)

I am having what appears to be the same problem.

-Brian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 43
(31,552 Views)

A 0xC0000005 access violation error can be returned in a number of cases, but is often due to antivirus or other software blocking permissions.  You might want to try searching our KnowldegeBase for "0xC0000005" and looking through the articles listed to see if one of the situations described there applies to you.

Tom L.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 43
(31,544 Views)

Hi Tom,

We see these same Access Violations quite often also, but I wasn't able to find the discussions/articles you mentioned in the knowledge base.  In our case we see them when running multiple threads in TestStand and it doesn't seem to be VI specific because it happens at a variety of different locations.  That makes me think that it could be a permission issue as you described, is there more information that you can provide?

Thanks,

John Morrissey

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 43
(31,273 Views)

Hi John,

Are you having this problem on multiple computers? Would it be possible for you to attach your sequence files and VIs so that I can try to reproduce it?

Rohama K.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 43
(31,230 Views)