From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 97 with the sample Database Logging (parameterized) vi.

I'm on windows 10 running labview 2018 and I'm trying to learn how to use the Connectivity  and Database with Labview.  I'm trying to see how they work but when I got to Help > Find examples > Toolkits and Modules > Database Connectivity > Database logging (parameterized) it always crashes with error 97.  I haven't changed the example code I simply load it up and try to run it and I get error 97.  How do I resolve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(907 Views)
  • Post a snippet of the example we don't all have the 2018 examples handy there may be a problem with either that example (unlikely) or someone else may have inadvertently edited your copy of that example (they are not locked or write protected by default)
  • Elaborate on "Crashes" what exactly happens?  The OS shows a Blue Screen of Death? LabVIEW Closes? Or does the example code pop up a General Error Handler.vi?
  • Are there any Comments in the Example on the Front Panel or VI Documentation that explain prerequisite steps to take before the code will run? (Like Setting up database connection parameters)
  • What additional information does the Error code offer?
  • Have you Googled or searched these forums for information about your error or, should we do that for you?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(897 Views)

OK, let's try this again.

• Post a snippet! Do not inline a screenshot! A screenshot has no code to inspect a snippet embeds the vi in a .png from your BD Menu>>Edit>> Select All (or Ctrl+A) to select the whole BD then Menu>> Edit>> Create Snippet from selection save the resulting png file and inline it as an image in your reply. See here Jing create snippet  
  • Post a snippet!, Do not attach a VI! If we open your suspect vi named with the same name as the example and we get name conflicts. However, when we drop your snippet on a blank Block Diagram we can easily compare the example with your suspect code.
  • Apparently you have no Crashes just an Error 97 from a function call that we can't identify from a screenshot
  • I searched the forums for Error 97.  It is often reported as an invalid reference.   Is something else locking the DB?  What happened the first time you ran the code? Did you follow the instructions and Open one of the playback examples?  It looks like setup code for the playback examples and really should need to run once?  Try deleting the file created.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(873 Views)

I don't know what could be blocking the database.  The first time I ran the code it didn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(860 Views)

Charlie, Can I call you Charlie?  You are either Charlie Bovkin or, you are reading his emails. I can tell by the titles in the tabs of the browser in your screenshot.  

You do not follow directions well nor are you particularly observant.  FOR INSTANCE: you have the Database open in your browser!  Perhaps if you close that your code would run again.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(852 Views)

Thanks for your attempt at helping.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(839 Views)