Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 




We want to  use the PCI6731 to output two analog voltage signals to control the X-axis and Y-axis of the 2D-Galvo respectively. 


The objective is: the physical channels of the two analog outputs need to perform two different tasks, one is the finite samples output (task 1), and the other is the continuous samples output (task 2). The task 2 is execute first and then the digital trigger PFI0 triggers the task 1 to work. The picture of program and .vi file are uploaded.


When I run this program, an error-89137 occurs. I guess the error caused by incorrect use the two sampling clocks, but I do not know how to solve it. Is there anyone would like to give some help?  Thanks so much!


Best regards,


0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4

Just answered at tail end of longer thread over here.   Since that thread has more context, let's keep further discussion over there.



-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW?

(Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4

Thanks for your reply and suggestion!


This is the subVI written, the requirement is to execute the voltage output of continuous sampling first, the program keeps waiting for the trigger, and then execute the finite sampling output after receiving the trigger. The loop executes until the continuous sample voltage output drops to the value I want, then clears the task.


I made an attempt before: the same two channels of analog output, there are two sampling clocks, but the use of continuous sampling, no loop, no start trigger, it works.


After that, I will try to use finite point sampling for two tasks, but will change the way I write the function, such as using an array.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4



Thank you very much for your help.

The problem has been solved. I removed the continuous sample clock and the query for "Is Task Done" inside the loop, and added a "stop task" after each "start task".



0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4