LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 8 - File permission error

Dear Sir,

I'm trying to run a Labview file that is complied to read thermo couples and mass flow controlers. However it gives the follwing error.

"Error 8 occured at new files. LABVIEW file permission error."

Please see the attached PDF

The file was initially run in a computer with LABVIEW 8.6 and in it it works properly. But I'm now trying to open it in another computer which has LABVIEW 2010 installed. Please the atttached ZIP file taken directly from heirachical order. addres of the file is,

Madura\MFC3_thermocouple Folder\D\Nur\rover\MFC3_thermocouple

Instruments - Keithley 2701( data logger) , Bronkhorst  (Mass flow controller)

Your early reply is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Madura Wijekoon

Research student,

Energy Dpt,

KTH

Sweden

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(14,262 Views)

Moving a file from one PC to another, maybe the target PC user permission to read-write files is restricted since its permission is not admin or power-user. Check to see your login on the target PC can modify the file.

This is out the LV manual error code 8,

"File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file. To correct this error, verify that the file is not in use by another application and that file permissions are set correctly. On Windows, navigate to the file, right-click the file, select Properties, and set the Read-only option in the dialog box."

Message 2 of 4
(14,233 Views)

Hi Madura,

you want to write to "D:\Nur\MFC-Thermocouple\Temperature_run1.txt".

Does the folder exist? Do you have file write/creation permissions?

Your project is a mess:

Three times a llb with the same name, but with different content. VI scattered around on your harddrive. A lot of unneccessary locals. Nondescriptive VI names ("store data", "store data2")...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(14,230 Views)

Does the machine that is using LabVIEW 8.6 use Windows XP or Windows 7?

The reason I ask is that the new machine looks like it has Windows 7. I have seen it where on Windows 7 you think you are an admin (because it says so), but being an admin isn't really the same thing as being a real, "super" admin. I've run into this on other computers, where Windows prevented me from doing all kinds of things with files (like editing, moving) because I was not an administrator even though it said I was...

I don't have Windows 7 on this machine, so I'm not sure exactly how to fix it, but I have run into this on other machines. After you make sure the account you are using has admin rights on Windows 7, maybe try Googling something like "Windows 7 not admin" or something similar.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(14,215 Views)