From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -61024 when running FPGA VI

Hello NI support and users,

I am getting error -61024 when I try to run a certain FPGA vi.  I am running it "stand alone" on a PXI system, with a PXI-7813R module.  See attached screen shots.  First screen shot shows error message.

Possible clues:  This particular vi was developped on another system still running the older Labview 8.0 and brought it over to "my" system which has been upgraded to 8.0.1.  In addition, I "cut and pasted" FIFO descriptions from the older project file into my project file.  Both systems had PXI-7813 modules as the target.

Your suggestions will be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Peter Halverson
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,642 Views)

Hi Peter,

Can you give any more details on where the error occurs?  Some users have encountered this error at "Open VI Reference" and were able to fix the problem by replacing that VI.  However, it looks like that isn't the case with your application, as it appears to come from the FPGA VI and not a host VI.  If that is the case, does the error occur immediately when the FPGA VI is run, or does it run for a while and then give the error?

Also, from the screen shot, it looks like you have NI-RIO version 2.0.0.  Does this match the version on the new host and on the machine the code was originally developed on?

Some other thoughts:  If the VI was compiled on the first machine, are you able to compile it on the new host machine?  Does recreating the FIFOs from scratch fix the problem?

Best regards,

Message Edited by DavidEngr on 04-24-2006 11:26 PM

David H.
Systems Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,620 Views)
Hi everyone,

The problem was solved through NI's telephone support.  I'm posting this for everyone's benefit.
The problem was not related to Labview upgrades.  It *was* related to the transfer of a project from one system to another.

I have two complete systems.  Each system has a PC, a PXI crate, FPGA modules in the crates.  The systems are very similar, contain the same modules, but evidently they are not 100% identical.

When I take a working project that contains FPGA code from one system to another, the Labview project manager is "happy".  It detects no incompatibilities, yet when it attempts to download the bitfile and execute it, there is this error -61024.

The solution was: Within the project manager, create a new FPGA targets (right click on the PXI crate icon, select FPGA module...) and then cut & paste all the "innards" of the old FPGA code into the new target.  Recompile and run, and then its OK.  From my point of view, I haven't actually changed anything, but apparently creating a new target resets something important.  Anyhow, that's what got me past this issue.

---Peter H.
Message 3 of 5
(4,594 Views)

Hi...

I am very new to labview as a student..pls help me out with problem i am facing in my project

Actaully m trying to wirelessly control NI starter kit 2.0 through zigbee. What my idea is that i will have one xbee module connected to my pc and other xbee module connected to Fpga kit(starter kit) via RS-232 cable. Initially for test purpose what I did-  that i uploaded  your built in example FPGA RS232.lv prj on kit..

After also successfully compiling  the main project, I am getting error at runtime of code 61024..I dnt know whats the reason behind it..

Till now I havent added any code of my own that when i transmit data from my pc using X-CTU(Digi) software from one xbee module, it should be received by another xbee module connected to kit via RS-232 and should result in moving of robot kit..I have no idea hw to start with this...

.pls plss plss help me out and reply.

plss..

Thanks,

Regards,

sharul Agrawal

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,979 Views)

I know this is old, but I believe this happens when you try to run FPGA code on one FPGA that was compiled for another model or style. It makes sense when you think about it. If the FPGA is a different size or configuration, it obviously doesn't work. Since it's hardware, it's be like trying to write the same bits used on a DVD to a CD. Doesn't physically fit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,804 Views)