From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 50103 - Parallel triggered and continuous acquisition

Hello,

I am trying to acquire two different AI channels (NI PCI-6115).

- Channel AI0 = triggered acquisition

- Channel AI1 = continuous acquisition

I am getting error 50103? Any ideas why?

data_acquisition_and_logging.png

error_50103.png

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,058 Views)

Okay, the problem seems to be the two tasks I have generated. I can configure both channels in one task. But then, how can I configure channel AI0 to be triggered and channel AI1 to be continuous?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,042 Views)

The following idea ends in error -200428.

data_acquisition_and_logging_V02.png

error_200428.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,026 Views)

@MichaGue_01 wrote:

Okay, the problem seems to be the two tasks I have generated. I can configure both channels in one task. But then, how can I configure channel AI0 to be triggered and channel AI1 to be continuous?

Thanks a lot.

Michael

I really don't think you can.

A task is a single activity.  The trigger defines when the acquisition task starts.  You can't have one channel acquiring and another one not.

Just have the task acquire continuously and discard the data from the one channel if it hasn't met whatever you defined as the trigger conditions.

For you next message, reading the description seems pretty clear and pretty much the same explanation.  You configure logging for a task.  It does not allow you to configure logging on a channel.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,012 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

@MichaGue_01 wrote:

Thanks a lot.

Michael

I really don't think you can.

A task is a single activity.  The trigger defines when the acquisition task starts.  You can't have one channel acquiring and another one not.

Just have the task acquire continuously and discard the data from the one channel if it hasn't met whatever you defined as the trigger conditions.

For you next message, reading the description seems pretty clear and pretty much the same explanation.  You configure logging for a task.  It does not allow you to configure logging on a channel.

Hm, bad news. Are there any examples for hardware triggered loops available? Maybe the following would work. If a hardware trigger occures, a fixed number of samples out of the continuous acquisition is used for calculation. The continuous acquisition still goes on. After calculation, the loop waits for the next trigger event.

Requirements:

- Up to 8 channels with 2,5 MS/s each (NI PCI-6133)

Thanks a lot.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,994 Views)

Thank's to NI germany support I have found a working solution. More informations can be found here.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,915 Views)