LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147319765

Trying to use the report generation toolkit and am receiving this error. reinstalling/repair didn't seem to fix. Please advise. 

King133x_0-1663185586158.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(1,418 Views)

If you navigate to the path in the dialog, is the MSOffice template in the directory?

When I drop this express VI down, I get the following:

aputman_1-1663187026975.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(1,411 Views)

yes that's correct the files are empty and so i tried repairing through package manager. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(1,400 Views)

I can tell you are using LabVIEW 2022 (which I haven't yet installed), and are having "some problem" with the Report Generation Toolkit (which has not given me any trouble, so far).  But I have no idea what you are trying to do, so can't comment on code I cannot see nor try.

Please attach the VI that is giving you the problem.  Since some of the more "seasoned" LabVIEW users on this Forum might be running a (slightly) older version of LabVIEW, it would also help if you did a "Save for Previous Version" on your VI and gave us, say, a LabVIEW 2021 or 2019 version to test.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(1,389 Views)

The files aren't necessarily empty.  They are templates with named ranges (bookmarks).  You can see them if you open the template and click the dropdown menu above the first row.  

Sounds like this isn't related to the template itself which means the error is code related (code within the express VI).  This should likely be reported as a bug to NI.  Something may have changed in newer versions of Office that didn't make it into the toolkit.  

aputman_0-1663188484480.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(1,386 Views)

Have you tried repairing your Office installation?

aputman
------------------
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(1,378 Views)

Yeah seems like something is missing. I've attached the VI hopefully 2019 version also. i noticed that the install directory added new folders per year I'm not sure if that has always been that way. 

Its just ENUM state machine selected by an internal event loop. one state/iteration should write out my table to an office report. I will try repairing office directly. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(1,360 Views)

Opening a brand new vi and placing the express VI still causes the same error. I will note that i have recently updated my license for the report generation toolkit and had to reinstall.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(1,358 Views)

@King133x wrote:

Opening a brand new vi and placing the express VI still causes the same error. I will note that i have recently updated my license for the report generation toolkit and had to reinstall.

Oops.  I just noticed the dreaded words "Express VI".  The Report Generation Toolkit has been around for quite a while (at least a decade), and is pretty robust and moderately "user-friendly".  There's a "Revised Generate Excel Report" example here on the Forums from 8 years ago that shows how to generate a nice report, with a range of "fill in the blanks", a 2-D collection of numeric data, and a graph plotting those data, written to an Excel Workbook.  I recently tested this in LabVIEW 2021, and it works fine.

You haven't really said what you want to do with the RGT, so we can't easily help you to do it.  If, indeed, the Express VI is somehow "broken", just don't use it, and use the other RGT functions to do what you need.  Please give it a try.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(1,283 Views)

Thank you for you reply,

I have a VI that generates a 2D array of numeric values. I would like to write that to an excel template. I have tried the manual work around to no avail. I'm still receiving errors like below. I had to reactivate my license.  something with the library is up. i will continue trying reinstalling different things. Should i report this as a bug?

King133x_0-1663362392555.png

King133x_1-1663362816286.png

King133x_2-1663362860906.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(1,236 Views)