LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -2147220733 occurred at DAQ Assistant (in Measurement and Automation Explorer)

Ok!  Just before the weekend I figured out how to make channels in Measurement and Automation Explorer for inputs through a couple different NI input devices (USB-9211A & PCI-6229 DAQ).  Things were going well.  Loaded up the computer today, added a few more channels.  Worked fine.  Now all of a sudden, any channel I make has an error and if I try modifying existing channels and saving, I get same error:

"This global channel currently has an error.  You can save the global channel, but it cannot be used until all errors have been fixed.  Press "Yes" to save anyway, or "No" to cancel and show the error."

If I hit yes, the channel is non functional.  After hitting no, I get:

"Error -2147220733 occurred at DAQ Assistant.  Possible Reason(s): "

with no possible reasons listed.  I tried restarting the program.  I tried restarting the computer.  I verified connections.  Searched for the above stated error number on ni.com, google.ca, and in the MAX help files, and found absolutely nothing.  I have no clue what to do.  Any help would indeed be very much appreciated.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(3,402 Views)
Ok, tried restarting my comp again, but wanted to try making a new channel before modifying the existing ones this time.  If creating channels is the first thing I do, I can apparently do this fine.  If I try to modify existing channel, get above mentioned error.  If I try to create a new channel AFTER trying to modify one, I get above mentioned error.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(3,383 Views)
Doesn't have to be a comp restart, but a just a program restart.  I've deleted a couple of the channels I needed to modify, restarted MAX and and re-added them.  This is by no means a very ideal solution, but I suppose can work as a temporary work around.  I still look forward to some ideas.

(This falls under the "Funky Monkey" category!)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(3,381 Views)

(Hey, what an exciting thread.  Gotta love monologue Smiley Wink)

Ok, so I went through my channel list one at time and deleted each that was "corrupt".  After each deletion, I quit MAX, restarted MAX, recreated the channel and moved on to the next.  Now I can modify all the channels in my list, and create new ones.  I'm lucky b/c my channel list was relatively small but this could have been quite bad if my list were a lot longer.  NI, would be great if you could whip up some help file explaining what the error code means.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(3,378 Views)
Hi Kahless,

From my research, I was able to find that this error is usually resolved by exactly what you did: recreating the channels from scratch.  We hope to try to reproduce this problem consistantly so that we can add an error code for it to help with troubleshooting, but at this time, I am not sure of our progress on it.  Let us know if you are continuing to have trouble with this and find a "recipe" to consistantly get this error though.

Thaison V

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(3,367 Views)
Having thought back on it afterwards, there were two events that had happened that I can recall prior to the malfunction.  The first one was that the USB-9211A was unplugged mid-function, but this, I'm confident, didn't cause anything (and shouldn't have).  The other was that the tag configurator froze on me when saving, inturn freezing up MAX.  I had to end task both and hadn't come back to them for a while as I was moved to other developement.  This more than likely caused it.  Unfortunately, my channel list has grown to a respectible length where it wouldn't be efficient for me to try to confirm this by recreating it.  Hope this helps.  Thanks for the response.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(3,363 Views)
Thank you for your help.  I'll pass that information on.

Thanks,
Micaela N
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(3,348 Views)

Hi there,

This is my first time on here and I've only been using this software for a couple of days so it's possible I'm making a trivial error but I thought I'd post here anyway as I can't find anything on the net about my problem.

I also get an error while trying to save:

Error -2147220733 occurred at DAQ Assistant

Possible Reason(s):

Requested Code: -2147220733

But mine comes about in different circumstances to the one in the original post on this thread by Kahless. I was editting a VI logger task and within that I was trying to edit an NI-DAQmx Task. I was trying to change the clock settings, specifically I was attempting to change the Rate (Hz) from the 1k default to just 20, or 200. I got the error while trying to save so changed it back to 1k, but the error persisted even though I'd set it back to what it was.

I thought at first it might be simply that I was trying to edit an NI-DAQmx task within VILogger, so I tried making the ammendment directly but the problem was still there. 

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(3,336 Views)

Hey Anti-Neutrino,

I know my situation was somewhat different then yours but I think the underlying cause may be related.  I too was experiencing this trouble when it came to saving my channel list.  Maybe try giving this a whirl.

For me, there was no solution (as you can see) brought forth so I ended up deleting and recreating my channels.  ( I didn't have too many of them).  Not an elegant solution, but perhaps try doing this.  It may help until NI comes up with a help document for the 2147220733 error.  Note I found that creating new channels (or perhaps tasks in your case) would not function unless the program was closed and opened fresh.  Once experience one 2147220733 error, I was not able to save anything (new or modified).

Hope this helps a bit.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(3,330 Views)
Thanks Kahless,

Yes shutting the MAX session and starting again seems to sort things out, but not idael. Hopefully NI will have an official answer soon.

Thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(3,327 Views)