From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200587

Hey,

I'm trying to set up a control panel for actuating a bunch of pneumatic valves. I had the program set up and working, but after plugging it into a new computer, it no longer works. I had to update the tasks in NI max, but now I'm getting error -200587. I'm very new to labview.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,253 Views)

You have a bunch of tasks with names like "A_6" and "b_1" used in the VI.  Did you create tasks with the same names in MAX on the new PC?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,223 Views)

Sorry for the late reply, yes, i deleted the old tasks and created new tasks on the new PC.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,191 Views)

Do you still have MAX opening and trying to do something with these channels when you run your LabVIEW VI?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,187 Views)

I'm not in the lab right now, but I had MAX open when i created the tasks, and it was (hopefully) idle when I tried running the program. I'm not sure if it helps, but the tasks weren't getting the error, the error was on the sub-vi which was outputting the voltage. (i didn't make the subvi, it came from daq assistant) 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,182 Views)

I don't see any subVI's in the VI you attached.  (Unless you count the DAQmx Write.)

I don't understand the purpose of the True/False case structures since the code is identical between the two cases.

Try wiring up the error wires between all the DAQmx Writes.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,178 Views)

Yep, I was talking about the DAQmx write. Sorry, I'm very new to programming, and this is for a pretty simple project. 

The true/false case structure is a relic of something I was trying out earlier, but didn't work out. It didn't seem to affect the code, so I didn't remove it. 

I'll try wiring up the error wires and deleting the case structures, I'll do that tomorrow when I get into the office and post an update to see if it worked. 

Thanks a bunch for the help! 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,175 Views)