From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200479 start task for all the DAQmx resources

Hello,

I need to use all the DAQ resources for my application, that means I need to initialize all the Digital Input/Output and Analog Input/Output channels. To do this, I'm using 4 different tasks, one for each type, each task is configuring their respective channels (not mixing analog/digital or input/output) but I´m getting the error -200479 in the probe 53 (from the image) which is configuring the digital inputs only.

Possible reason(s):

Specified operation cannot be performed while the task is running.

I don´t have any errors before the initialization, and when I disable the Analog Input task, I don´t have erros at all, so I´m wondering how can I start all the tasks simultaneosly? I tried mixing the inputs Analog and Digital, but it throws errors because it can´t be configure in the same task.

I appreciate any advice that you can give me about this issue.

Thanks,

Karla

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,273 Views)

Showing us case 5 doesn't help much

Create a snippet of that vi (Ctrl +A to select all, then Menu>>Edit>>Create vi snippet from selection.  save the resulting.png file and insert that into a post.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,254 Views)

Thanks for your repply Jefff,

My issue is solved, in case it is useful to anybody, my problem was a mix of signals, my task was connecting again the analog inputs instead of the digital inputs (hidden cable), so when i was trying to initialize, although the configuration did not provide any errors, the start task throw the error -200479 because the analog input was already initialized previously.

To figure out where was the mix signal located, I used in the DAQ palette -> channel node -> General Properties -> Channel Type. This indicates what type of data the task has (digital input/ digital output / analog input / analog output).

Regards and thanks for the help,

Karla

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,159 Views)