From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 200428 When Creating Task in DAQmx Base

Solved!
Go to solution

I've written a basic program that captures a voltage signal, plots it, and writes it to a file, but when I run it, I keep getting this error:

"Error -200428 occurred at Value passed to the Task/Channels In control is invalid."

I have attached a copy of my VI. Initially, I did not have the "DAQmx Base Create Task" VI in the block diagram and I was getting the above error. After searching through some documentation, it seemed that the issue was that I needed to put the "Create Task" VI in when using DAQmx Base. Unfortunately when I did that, I still kept getting the same error.

Is there something I am doing wrong here?

Here are my software/hardware information:

Operating Software: Mac OS X 10.11.14

Hardware: NI myDAQ

Software: LabVIEW 15.0 (64-bit)

Drivers: NI DAQmx Base 15, NI VISA 15.5, NI-488.2 15.5, NI-DAQmx for myDAQ on Mac OS X (all for OS X)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,865 Views)

Hi,

Before going for further stpes kindly go through the link http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/2835/en/  to get good knowledge on development of Daq. hope this is helpfull.

The issue is with the input , an invalid input is givin to the daq mx vi. go through the link so that you will be able to solve it.

kudos Welcome 😄

Certified-LabVIEW-Associate-Dev_rgb (1).jpg

Certified LabVIEW Developer
Best LabVIEW Programmer @NIDAYS 2015
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,833 Views)
Solution
Accepted by AliMoradi

AliMoradi wrote:

I've written a basic program that captures a voltage signal, plots it, and writes it to a file, but when I run it, I keep getting this error:

"Error -200428 occurred at Value passed to the Task/Channels In control is invalid."

<snip>

Here are my software/hardware information:

Operating Software: Mac OS X 10.11.14

Hardware: NI myDAQ

Software: LabVIEW 15.0 (64-bit)

Drivers: NI DAQmx Base 15, NI VISA 15.5, NI-488.2 15.5, NI-DAQmx for myDAQ on Mac OS X (all for OS X)

Hi Ali.

You are encountering that error because NI-DAQmx Base does not support the NI-myDAQ device. You do have NI-DAQmx for myDAQ installed, however, which does support that device.

See the instructions here to confirm that the device and driver are communicating correctly:

Getting Started With NI-DAQmx for myDAQ on Mac OS X

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/52345/en/

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,804 Views)