cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -200089

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I keep getting error code -200089 and I can't find any proper description of what that error is. It seems to be coming from the create task vi and stops the code from taking any data. I've attached a snippet of the block diagram.

Any help at all would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,770 Views)

This means: Task name specified conflicts with an existing task name.

Simply rename the task. That should fix your issue.
All LabVIEW error codes can be found inside the folder: "C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Errors\English" 

https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z000000P8tFSAS&l

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,767 Views)

Help->Explain Error.  And you will see the error description be "Task name specified conflicts with an existing task name."  This tells me you are not properly clearing your task(s).  But to clear out you current situation, you just need to shutdown LabVIEW and start it back up.  But you need to make sure your task is cleared by your application when you are done with it.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,755 Views)

Thank you that removed that error! Now another error is present with this description

<nierror code="-50103">
The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

What does this mean?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,754 Views)

@ehalpin13 wrote:

Thank you that removed that error! Now another error is present with this description

<nierror code="-50103">
The specified resource is reserved. The operation could not be completed as specified.

What does this mean?

It means there is another task that has your device's channel(s) reserved.  This is a mutex to keep multiple tasks from using the same resource.  Are you stopping and clearing out your tasks?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,752 Views)

I have attached my code below. These are the only tasks with these channels so I'm confused about how to fix this.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,747 Views)

In your event structure you have to make ensure that the terminals for the DAQmx wires are wired, otherwise your task won't be closed correctly.

(it will use the fefault value for the DAQmx task and not the value which has been previously created)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,742 Views)

Hi ehalpin,

never use "default if unwired" tunnels for references! NEVER!

Right now your DAQmx tasks (mostly) never get stopped/cleared…

Other problems:

• Buttons belong into their event cases.
  • You should not use that DAQ loop inside the event case… (Read the full help for event structures!)
  • You still don't use the Ramp function…
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,741 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author ehalpin13

I would actually move the closing of the tasks into the Stop event case.  Then you really don't have to worry about the "Use Default If Unwired" setting on the Event Structure.  But you could help yourself a lot just cleaning by up your VI.

• Avoid wire bends
  • Line up related VIs
  • Use the Ramp Pattern VI to generate an array of points that you can then autoindex on

GCentral
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,719 Views)