From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1967362015 : Impossible to load library - Executable without RunTime

Hello, I'm kind of in a corner.

I'm develloping a software using the "http protocol" library, I haven't any problem develloping it, but deploying it. When I try to install the runtime on the computer on which my software will be running, it works just fine, except the computer won't boot. I've tried to install Labview 2014 SP1, Labview 2012 SP1, Runtime of Labview 2012 SP1, Runtime of Labview 2014 SP1. Whenever it is installed and I reboot the PC, the PC just get stuck before I can log in Windows, taking an infinite time to boot. The PC is under Windows 7 SP1, up to date.

When I install the runtime, the software works just fine (before I reboot the computer), and when I reboot in "Diagnostic Startupe (Load Basic devices and service only) it works fine, but I need the services relative to the network, and when I active them (just them) in the startup, the PC won't boot.

Considering that I don't have much time, I've decided to use the really bad method of copying the entirety of the Run-time files in my compiled code (and the dll "nierinterface.dll), which enable my software to run even without having installed the runtime. But, whenever a method of the "HTTP Library" is called, the program just send me an error :  "HTTP Client Error:OpenHandle.vi returns error code -1967362015". It seems I'm lacking something, but I can't understand what.  Now I realise that I'm not using a common or even supported method, but I'm really, really stuck, and what's more I have depleted all my ideas (I've tried a lot of things to get this to works without the runtime), and I don't know what to do anymore.

If you have any ideas of how I can make this work, with or without the runtime, you're welcome.

Thanks in advance - Joannick

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,572 Views)
I'm not sure why you would be installing all the different runtimes -- or for that matter how. But in any case, you first build an executable and then an installer, right?

When the installer runs, I assume there are no errors. Are you running the installer as admin? Is the windows on the target computer 32 or 64 bit? How about LabVIEW on the development system?

Frankly, it sounds like the target machine is snake-bit. Have you tried the installer on another computer?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,552 Views)

I have tried to install different runtime (not at the same time) because I have different version of Labview (about all of them) and I was searching for a version of the runtime wich would not broke the boot of the computer. The "minimum" runtime (any version of it) enable the computer to boot and run my software, but I get the same error 1967362015  when I try any function relative to the HTTP library.

I haven't tried to do an installer, just an executable, I'll try that. The account I have on this computer is part of the "admin" group, whenever I try to do any critical operation "drag and drop in Windows folder for example", it show me a warning saying that only Admin can do this operation, I cilck "OK" and then the operation go smoothly, but I could not say if I'm running anything "as an administrator" by default.

For Now, I'll see what I can do with an installer.

Thank you for helping.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,530 Views)

OKay, I tried using an installer with an embedded Runtime, I have the same problem. On reboot The computer stay stuck at the "Please Wait" befor I can log on my windows account.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,521 Views)

Have you tried installing/including the NI VISA runtime? NI VISA is required by some TCP/IP functions.

I've also seen problems before with the PC hanging at "Please Wait" because of a network timeout issue (perhaps on PCs on a domain?). Try unplugging the PC from the network and rebooting and it might get you to the login screen. I always thought that was unrelated to NI stuff though...

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,509 Views)

So I tried to make an installer including NI Visa and it changed nothing. The computer won't boot after the installation. I'm almost sure the problem is related to NI cause that's the only thing that change between when the computer DO boot and when it don't. The only thing I see is that it could be some conflict. I have to communicate with a DataBase, so the only other things that are on the PC are Oracle Database related, but I'm not in charge of this part of the project so I don't know exactly what is installed. I thing the best shot I have right now is to get the software to work without the Runtime.

One thing I forgot : I also tried with the "minimum runtime" of both Labview 2014 and Labview 2012. In both case, the PC do boot, but I have the same "error 1967362015" when the HTTP library is called. It seems to lack the same thing that when I try to copy the runtime manually.

Right now I'll try to install the Runtime for Labview 2010 and see if it boot, but It's not the best solution cause my software use the new Modbus Library, and going back to Labview 2010 would mean having to re-write everything with the old library, but it would be better than nothing..

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,499 Views)

You need to install the same major version of the runtime as the executable was built in. Installing older/newer versions of the runtime won't make any difference (although that doesn't hold true for device drivers like VISA, DAQmx) and won't allow you to run your executable.

LabVIEW executables REQUIRE the runtime - it is not possible to run a LabVIEW executable without it.

You need:

- Your application

- The LabVIEW runtime installed that matches the version the application was built in

- Any appropriate additional device drivers (e.g. NI VISA) or NI components

You are missing *something* from your installation...if you are using the MODBUS library I'm almost certain you will need NI VISA (as it uses serial or TCP/IP).

If your PC isn't booting, like I said - try to boot it without a network connection and see if that works.

Edit: Have you tried searching the forums for that specific error? I very quickly found this: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/HTTP-Client-Error-OpenHandle-vi-returns-error-code-1967362015/td-p/.... You might need to include some additional components in your installer like the web application server or the system web server.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,491 Views)

I have resolved my problem. I don't know why, but the Labview 2010 Runtime works just fine, and the PC is able to boot without problem.

To Sam_Sharp : Firstyl, thank you for your help. I do know that I have to install the runtime corresponding to the Labview version in which the software was develloped. I have all version of Labview between 2010 and 2014, so my priority was to find a working RunTime in order to be able to build an executable in the corresponding version.

I know that Labview recquire the runtime, but as the Runtime didn't work, I tried a workoround consisting in copying the RunTime files manually in my executable folder. It worked fine except when the HTTP library was called.

NI-VISA wasn't the problem here, I used a "test executable" containing only the http functions since it was the http I was testing, but the main executable contain both modbus and http functions. Turn out the last modbus library is compatible with LAbview 2010, so I'm happy with that.

Thank you all for you help.

Sincerly, Joannick

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,477 Views)