LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 15501 Syntax Error on FTP Get File vi

Hi,

I'm trying to copy a file via ftp. I'm running the vi from a Windows system, trying to get the file from a system running on Windows CE. I can get and copy the file just fine using Windows Explorer. But when I try do do it with LabView, I get a Syntax Error message. Can anyone help my see what's wrong in my vi? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,142 Views)

Still haven't figured out this one. Filezilla can access the FTP server no problem, but LabVIEW keeps refusing. Any ideas anyone?

Screenshot 2021-02-18 161932.png

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,058 Views)

I am having the same problem communicating to an FTP server on an Allen-Bradley Panelview.  Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue?

Regards,
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(774 Views)

Are you sure it is the same problem? The previous poster obviously did not successfully login (as indicated by the error message returned by the second function, although it is not translated into an error cluster error, it very clearly states that there was a syntax problem in the command).

Generally an empty username and password is not considered as valid login credentials, but instead FTP defines "anonymous" as the canonical user with minimal rights. And please note that FTP servers can and actually should be configured to disable anonymous nowadays as it is a highly critical security risk (as the entire FTP protocol really is).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(765 Views)

My apologies, similar problem.  Yes I am aware of FTP's security issues.  Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Paul
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(750 Views)