cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1223

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello! 

I am very new to both Labview and interfacing with external devices, but I'm trying my best! I am trying to work with a Signal Recovery 7265 DPS Lock-in Amplifier, using a GPIB-USB-HS cable. I've installed both the drivers for the amplifier to communicate with windows as well as the drivers for Labview to communicate with the Amplifier. There is a small tutorial included in the Amplifier driver documentation that I have been following. Unfortunately, I have run into the error code: -1223, and have not been able to find a solution. 

In my program I checked the VISA session, which is set up  to GPIB::12, which is the GPIB address on the Amplifier. The Amplifier shows up in NI MAX, however, querying the device returns errors in both write and read.

I have been looking through documentation, and forums for quite some time and couldn't find any solutions, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,393 Views)

I'm not sure you are using the correct VISA Session.  It should be GPIB0::12::INSTR.  Further, I don't see in your code where you are setting the VISA session to use.  Have you tried communicating with your device through MAX?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,374 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks in NI-MAX?  

If you go into NI-MAX and select the device, is there an option to "Open VISA test panel" at the top of the screen, and if so, can you open that, go to the "Input/Output" selection, select the "*IDN?\n" option (it's probably the default) and then press "Query" and see if you get a response?

The error you're getting is one you might see if the device isn't communicating at all, or if it is but the string it returns in response to the *IDN?\n query is not what it expects.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,367 Views)

Thank you for your reply!

I have attached a screenshot. It seems that I cannot write to nor read from the device. Although I don't know why, which therein might be my issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,362 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author YacobD

The GPIB-USB-HS should not be used as a raw USB device.  You probably need to install NI-488.2.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,353 Views)