LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 1077 at Property Node when using Dial Control

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a waveform graph that I would like to behave as an oscilloscope where as you turn the dial the scale of the graph changes. I have this weird issue where it will only work if I am using a case structure to send the values to the Property Node otherwise I get Error 1077. Is this supposed to behave this way? I have written up an example code where it runs just fine when you use the dial as a selector for the case structure but if you use the dial to directly send a double precision value, it crashes. As far as I can tell they are identical, but it would be more convenient in scaling to use the dial directly rather than having to add new cases each time the number of values changes. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,275 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kjon

The default value of your direct dial is <0>, as can be seen when activating the text display:

grafik.png

That translates to a dbl value of zero which then leads to the error inside your property node. Either make the selection 0.05 the default value of your dial (right click -> make current value default) or initialize the dial by writing a proper constant value to a local variable of the dial before your while loop.

Regards, Jens

Kudos are welcome...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

I thought that I had already done that but apparently not. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,222 Views)