LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -1073807346 from VISA Read after building executable with Application Builder (Solved)

Hello folks --

Just wanted to give a solution to an issue I've been dealing with past couple days, regarding Application Builder and VISA functions.

Problem: My VISA application works fine in LabVIEW's IDE, but gives Error -1073807346 The Given Session or Object Reference Is Invalid in NI VISA when attempting to do VISA Read.

Solution: When you click on "Build Application (EXE) from VI.." you'll be presented with a properties dialog. Ensure ALL VI's associated with your project are added to the "Always Included" box, in the properties dialog, under the "Source" category. 

Hope somebody finds this information useful, as I was led down several different incorrect paths before I found this particular solution.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,747 Views)

@khall_enmet wrote:

Ensure ALL VI's associated with your project are added to the "Always Included" box, in the properties dialog, under the "Source" category.

That should only be required if you are dynamically calling a VI.  Any static VI references (subVIs, Strict VI References) to the main VI (and any "Always Included" VIs) will be captured automatically.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(1,667 Views)

You know what, it looks like I did mistakenly make one of the VI's "Dynamic Dispatch," when I meant to make them all static.

Thanks for pointing that out.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,661 Views)